19 PARRA SANTONJA, ARANTXA, Spanien
20 LUCIC, MIRJANA, Kroatien
21 HLAVACKOVA, ANDREA, Tjeckien
22 CIRSTEA, SORANA, Rumänien
23 YAKIMOVA, ANASTASIYA, Vitryssland
24 DOLONTS, VESNA, Ryssland
25 BEGU, IRINA-CAMELIA, Rumänien

(Kanepi withdrew)

I'm surprised she doesn't play Budapest like she did last year and where she had her first breakthrough back in time! :shrug:

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Go Sorana! :cheer:

·
Registered
26,592 Posts
Please do well here Sori :cheer:

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bastad, Main Draw:

SLO Polona Hercog [8] vs. GEO Anna Tatishvili
FRA Aravane Rezai vs. UZB Akgul Amanuradova
CRO Mirjana Lucic vs. ROU Sorana Cirstea
RUS Vesna Dolonts vs. CZE Lucie Safarova [3]

She beat Lucic at the Australian Open this year! :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
but a tough draw anyway but there is no-one easy to beat but I believe Sori should have less to do with Amanuradova than Lucic hopefully Sori will win... good luck! some more points are needed!

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Match will be streamed tomorrow as she is first up at 11:00 on Center Court! :cheer:

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's just too awful to watch, but I will continue and write my opinion later... :eek:

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm so happy she overcame that shitfest! :sobbing:

It was a horrible match full of wasted chances and unforced errors, DFs and 2 girls who are that far away from the best like the earth is from the sun. It was like watching a 50K challenger level club match, but even one of the less good ones... :tape:.

The good thing is like other people already mentioned that Sorana kept fighting and never gave up, something which hasn't always been self-evident in her current slump (just remember the awful performance against Ivanovic in Linz :tape:)
Of course, Mirjana made it easy for her with her brain injuries in the first and the decisive set, but Sorana took her chances, leveled up her game and also saved a lot of BPs on her own serve! :)

But there are still many, many problems she has to clean up in her game! Her serve is still a mess, though not that much than Lucic's, but still she hit 8 DFs and only had a first serve percentage of 45% which is downright awful. :eek:
Her forehand isn't much better! It lacks length, depth and precision, actually everything which made it a weapon back in the day! The fact that she hit twice as many double backhand winners today says it all! :lol:

Next up is Dolonts who moves on the clay like a cow on the ice, but still Sorana has to cut down most of her errors against a far more consistent player than Lucic was today!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Sorana made her come back possible in the first and also in the third set when she decided to have more patience and not yo risk anymore. She cut down the unforced errors and let Lucic made the points for her :)

1 - 20 of 113 Posts