Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sori just beat the 32nd seed in the AO R1, Barbora Strycova, 62 76(5). Admittedly Babs has not been in the best of form but still it's a decent start to the AO. Before that Sori played Hobart, she qualified by beating Aussie Gabriella da Silva Fick then Begu, then lost R1 to Wang Xiyu, 63 16 16.

Tough one next, she plays the young Coco Gauff who took out a very erratic Venus, Coco is very quick and athletic and gets a lot of balls back. I suspect Coco may be too consistent for Sori but fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I could see this match going like Coco’s previous slam matches with Hercog and Babos. I hope Sorana can prove me wrong though.

·
Registered
14,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could see this match going like Coco’s previous slam matches with Hercog and Babos. I hope Sorana can prove me wrong though.
Was exactly the same as those matches. Sorana won the first set, had the game to beat Coco but couldn't quite hold it together enough, almost won but lost 75 in the third. Was up a break in the third, had many chances. A little heartbreaking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts