Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might have seen this....

Today on TV they had a show called "Talking Tennis" and was meant to be a prelude to the Australian Open coverage as well as for kids' charity.

Anyway they had guests like Agassi, Billie-Jean, Cathy Freeman, Mary Pierce and JENNIFER!

So one of the interviewers asked her about her draw and the fact that she won't have to face a Hingis or a Williams sister until the finals. So she started saying about how her half of the draw was really tough too. And then she said the <b>"BELGIAN SISTERS are in my half...."</b> :eek:

I'm sure she's not talking about Kim & Elke :eek:

HEHEHE! Jenn should know better :kiss:

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
hahahaha... I thought it was hillarious... If she said it intentionally, them she seems to be a very funny person.

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Actually, I would call two girls who have lots of things in common sisters as well, even if I knew full well that they're not.
Two Belgians, two Belgian friends, two Belgian girls...none of these quite say what Jennifer means.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You're kidding! I thought Kim and Justine were sisters! :eek: Just kidding. ;)

Seriously, I assumed it was just a slip-of-the-tongue by Jennifer. Billie-Jean or someone mentioned the Williams sisters, and it must've been the last thought to register in Jennifer's mind before she spoke.

I wondered why they even had Cathy Freeman on the show. Even Cathy looked as though she wondered why she was there. But then, Cathy looks as though she's always wondering why she's anywhere. She's so humble like that. :cool:

Where was Pam Shriver? She would've been a hoot to listen to and watch, especially with all the sexual innuendo that was going on between the panellists.

Btw, I liked the concept of this show. It was like "The View" (for our American posters) or "The Panel" (for our Aussie posters). It'd be nice if they could do something like this once every month, or before every Grand Slam. And the show would be broadcast from the city that the Grand Slam is being held in, of course. That would only make sense. ;)

One last thing: Is it true that Channel 7 Australia have taken over the showing rights of the French Open from Channel 9? If so, it's going to be awesome to watch if their Australian Open coverage is anything to go by. Channel 9 used to use British highlights packages and then only showed the semis and final. Would Channel 7 show the French Open in its entirety?

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Hehe.Jennifer can be sooo cute!Hopefully she'll be more like this on court.:rolleyes: :p

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
People are always picking on Jen's intelligence.... :cough: Tatiana Panova :cough:

So mean....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Geez she comes out with some dunb comments! but nothing can beat her Decimal blunder last year!

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
LOL, I find that cute. What's wrong with calling them sisters?;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts