Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post this for Kim's fans since they are being sent through the ringer so to speak.

Kim loosing these close matches in the slams in no way speaks for how her career will turn out. I would like to point out to you all how horrible Serena used to be at closing out matches, in 2001 alone. Wimbledon to Capriati, Seles, AO against Hingis etc. And now Serena has turned things around. :)

IMO I think Kim will benefit from these loses and learn and get stronger. So chin up, Kim will have a slam it's only a matter of time. Then you guys can come here and gloat, that's how the board works it's all about balance :)

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
luna_moonstone said:
I thought I would post this for Kim's fans since they are being sent through the ringer so to speak.

Kim loosing these close matches in the slams in no way speaks for how her career will turn out. I would like to point out to you all how horrible Serena used to be at closing out matches, in 2001 alone. Wimbledon to Capriati, Seles, AO against Hingis etc. And now Serena has turned things around. :)

IMO I think Kim will benefit from these loses and learn and get stronger. So chin up, Kim will have a slam it's only a matter of time. Then you guys can come here and gloat, that's how the board works it's all about balance :)
Venus also had suspect losses also in GS QF's and SF's against the top players for 2 years until Wimby 2000. It's just different situations though because Venus was nowhere near the #1 ranking while she was having these problems. Serena either.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Knizzle said:
Venus also had suspect losses also in GS QF's and SF's against the top players for 2 years until Wimby 2000. It's just different situations though because Venus was nowhere near the #1 ranking while she was having these problems. Serena either.
Actually, Venus certainly was. The last two events of 1999 were Philadelphia, a Tier II, and the Chase Championships. If Venus had won those two events, she might have ended the year #1, depending on how Martina did. And done it without a Slam, while Martina and Lindsay were each holding one. Something to think about when everyone gets on Kim's case about rankings and Slams.

·
Registered
773 Posts
No, no. It's different because the points are split up all over the place and people are close together in the rankings. It's going to change around a lot. The abuse and challenge and discreditation directed at Kim is unfair to her. The tour would collapse if the other player's had Vee and Serena's schedules. I wish some of you would factor that in. They can't be number 1 and 2 at something that doesn't exist. All those other tournaments are full of players and lists of player's waiting to get into qualifiers who need to play and need higher ranked players to keep the tournaments alive.

I can hardly believe Johnny Mac said something about it when he has to know Andy hit that spot for a comparable period of time without a slam.

Thanks for those facts, Disposable Hero.

·
Registered
677 Posts
more finals she loses more difficult is to win,above all mentally.i hope for her but yesterday it was really disappointing don't see her fighting...it seemed the same match of paris...why??again nervous?it was the third slam finals,she's the number one,she'd have to lead her emotions...
then she plays always close matches against justine but in these two finals she lost in two straight and quick sets...this means how she can't face an important final...
after jennifer an other delusion...if i think of jennifer i think she lost a very good opportunity for her 4 slams...:-(

·
Registered
34,055 Posts
irma said:
we hear that australia thing already for two years;)

oh well go kimmy :bounce:
:lol: Were you waiting my answer to re.answer me???:p

I know but I think Kim has reached another level she haven't reached before, that's all

·
Registered
677 Posts
if i think the way she lost from serena in australia this year...didn't she have the crowd with her as well???
the problem is not teh crowd but her mind...
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34,055 Posts
maryjane said:
if i think the way she lost from serena in australia this year...didn't she have the crowd with her as well???
the problem is not teh crowd but her mind...
:rolleyes:
The another level I talk in my post before is that now she's truly f*cking p*ssed :D
That will encourage her.... at least in theory should be that way.......... and we all know reality isn't always as nice as theories :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.