Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
psychotic banana
3,023 Posts
Kim Clijsters has been on TV for all of her singles matches so far so I don't know what you are talking about.

Don't you understand? She IS the world #1 after all. ;)

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
disposablehero said:
Why would Canadian TV show Americans only, or were you going of what other posters said they were showing?? Also LD's match hadn't started yet so there were no Americans to show, but I still don't think they would have showed much of LD unless it was a tight match. USA network isn't as looney over Americans as ESPN (although they seem to be getting there)

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Has the tennis started again:(

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Knizzle said:
Why would Canadian TV show Americans only, or were you going of what other posters said they were showing?? Also LD's match hadn't started yet so there were no Americans to show, but I still don't think they would have showed much of LD unless it was a tight match. USA network isn't as looney over Americans as ESPN (although they seem to be getting there)
Why is it so difficult for Americans to comprehend how things work in the rest of the world? Do you really expect the Canadian networks to send their own entire production crews to a 2 week tennis event? I told you before, either they pick up an American feed, or they don't. Right now they do.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
disposablehero said:
Why is it so difficult for Americans to comprehend how things work in the rest of the world? Do you really expect the Canadian networks to send their own entire production crews to a 2 week tennis event? I told you before, either they pick up an American feed, or they don't. Right now they do.
You said before that you weren't seeing the same matches as us. Don't be catching an attitude with me for asking you a simple question. I know full well that other countries pick up the video feeds, but you never indicated that Canada was getting those feeds did you??

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
USA Networks has taken more of an international approach to this USO in my opinion. They have been playing on this 25th anniversary thing and have mentioned several times how many different countries are represented now then in the past. They really love showing the Jiri Novak and El Aynaoui match and mention how one is from Morocco and the other from Czech Republic. It was one of the better matches I have seen so far. They have been having more players in the studio that are not American. It's been really nice for a change! My only complaint is when Jim and John make fun of the women and joke about the pronunciations of the names.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.