Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go to the JPMorgan web site, it states that there is no daytime session today (Monday). The first session is tonight under the lights in the stadium. Naturally, I believed them and planned on not attending today (which would have been the best day for me to attend). Talked to several people at the Qualies yesterday who had also noticed this. Like me, they wanted to attend today's day session but were put off by what the official tournament site says. Lo and behold, the WTA Tour web site has 16 matches scheduled for the outside courts today! But NOT in the stadium until tonight. I guess the promoters (AEG) felt that if they couldn't charge admission for the day session, why even mention that it's going on? Screw the players. If we can't make $$$ off of them, let's make them feel as bad as possible by playing matches in front of line judges and ball boys only. If the WTA and the players wonder why attendance was sparce today, it's because the public was led to believe that there would be no matches until this evening.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Yeah I noticed that too.

My only thought would be that they gave out today's day session seats as promotions to different groups and companies (law firms etc.) who have some connection to JP Morgan. That is what they do with the top deck at the Staples Center for the YEC. They may have just done that with day session tickets today.

But also, when you get you ticket, it just has your stadium seat number on it, and then you can go around to the other courts. Maybe, since there is no ticket, they are just letting in people for free? But if so, they should have told us.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
alwayshingis said:
Yeah I noticed that too.

My only thought would be that they gave out today's day session seats as promotions to different groups and companies (law firms etc.) who have some connection to JP Morgan. That is what they do with the top deck at the Staples Center for the YEC. They may have just done that with day session tickets today.

But also, when you get you ticket, it just has your stadium seat number on it, and then you can go around to the other courts. Maybe, since there is no ticket, they are just letting in people for free? But if so, they should have told us.
I definitely think they are letting people in for free AND they most definitely SHOULD have told the public about it. But they didn't because they'd rather people didn't know about a free day session. That way those same people would have to pay to attend day sessions on Tue, Wed., etc. Gee - all of a sudden I'm not so anxious to go at all.

There are no matches in the stadium this afternoon because they are breaking down the set up they had for X-Games and putting the tennis court in for tonight's session.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts