Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I've known my coach Carlos Rodriguez since I was 13, and yet I was shocked with his harsh analysis after Wimbledon. In the future, he never again wanted to see a repeat of that semifinal against Serena Willams. He was right."

"Winning in San Diego, without my coach, is one of the most important steps in my career. It proved that I had learned from Carlos's analysis. In the past, I wasn't able to change my strategy during a match. Now, I (by myself) knew how to found an answer to Kim Clijsters."

"You are looking at a new Henin. One example : for a long time I couldn't cope with the competition of Kim Clijsters. Playing against her suffocated me but now I don't have any troubles anymore when I play her."

"Clijsters's 1st place on the rankings doesn't do anything to me. I focus only on myself."

"I know some players don't like me. That's because I choose my own way. Many try to outplay me with power but I answer with intelligence."

Source : VRT teletekst

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I feel like the book I am reading think yourself to selfconfidence

sadly I am not naive enough for such stuf :eek:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Winning in San Diego, without my coach, is one of the most important steps in my career. It proved that I had learned from Carlos's analysis. In the past, I wasn't able to change my strategy during a match. Now, I (by myself) knew how to found an answer to Kim Clijsters"

That's good that she's able to win a tough match w/out coaching from the stands.

""I know some players don't like me. That's because I choose my own way. Many try to outplay me with power but I answer with intelligence."

Oh really? Well she's come up w/seven incorrect answers in a row to Venus Williams. What's so intelligent about running all over the court sqaush shotting balls back over the net.

Reactions: Whatzup

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Wow, she just gets funnier and funnier. :lol:

It's like who is she trying to convince? The public or herself?

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Herself

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Its funny how she keeps comparing herself to others...like they are her standard"

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
he never wants to see a repeat of the Wimbledon semi......?? he should tell Serena to back off

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
exactly, babe. like it's on Justine's racquet. :tape:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
as I said in the other thread. she had therapy if you just take over what a shrink says then you start to talk like this which is maybe better since it often pays off

I am a little bit jealous, I am too stubborn and always say yeah but.................... after the famous love yourself cliché talk ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it the same arrogance as saying that you were 9000 notches below your level when you were beaten? Or saying that you weren't beaten but that you beat yourself? Or saying that you can go undefeated this season?

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
obviously u cant read. let me give you a little lesson

"my aim is to go undefeated this year" is not the same as "i can go undefeated this year". got it?

so she shoulda said "i plan to get beaten by that Belgian elf 2 times this year"? LMAO :lol:

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
Josh, re-read my message, especially the "right now" part. Currently, Serena is out of the tour, and Justine is doing a great job outdoing Serena in the arrogance department. Oh, how I would love it when someone spank Justine's a** at the USO!

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
Oh really? Well she's come up w/seven incorrect answers in a row to Venus Williams. What's so intelligent about running all over the court sqaush shotting balls back over the net.
This had me rolling on the floor:worship:. The Venus-Justine rivalry is too one sided to be called a rivalry. I dunno why, but I agree that Justine doesn't play 'intelligent' tennis against Venus. The last match I saw of them, she tried to out hit and out retrieve Venus :eek:. Get over the mental block Justine, you ain't gonna beat Venus (or Serena or Kim etc.) at her own game. I hope she brings a sturdier head to their next match.

·
Registered
14,849 Posts
eta psi said:
Josh, re-read my message, especially the "right now" part. Currently, Serena is out of the tour, and Justine is doing a great job outdoing Serena in the arrogance department. Oh, how I would love it when someone spank Justine's a** at the USO!
this is presumably what most people think when they want serena to lose

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Nice of all the ignorant Williams fans to come in and stomp all over Justine for having self-confidence. Weren't you the people that wanted to have the competition believe they can beat Serena, and step up to the plate? Well how the fuck is admitting a match is never "on your racket" stepping up to the plate? Justine *should* be trying to convince herself she can influence her matches against Serena, otherwise she'll never win.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
btw this is a thread about Justine..what are all you williamsfans doing in here? You all like to bash her, you know she's a serious thread for your favourites :cool:

·
Registered
432 Posts
caelestia said:
This had me rolling on the floor:worship:. The Venus-Justine rivalry is too one sided to be called a rivalry. I dunno why, but I agree that Justine doesn't play 'intelligent' tennis against Venus. The last match I saw of them, she tried to out hit and out retrieve Venus :eek:. Get over the mental block Justine, you ain't gonna beat Venus (or Serena or Kim etc.) at her own game. I hope she brings a sturdier head to their next match.
Well if you look at the last match against Kim, it's what she has done after a bad start, she hits the ball longer and with more spins and hits some great angles while in the beginning of the match, she was hitting too flat and short.
And Carlos will not forget to remember this to her at the usopen.
I watch an interview of him yesterday in "Week-end sportif" and said he was disappointed by the way Justine played in Toronto, playing too much in the centre and not moving her opponent.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
caelestia said:
oh really and what's so funny about a stupid comment?

Justine lost to Venus last time at the AO. Since Charleston and even more since FO she's a different player. Much stronger mentally and her game is getting better and better. It won't take long before she beats Venus :)

·
***** Emeritus
43,495 Posts
I agree that the last quote can be interpreted as arrogance, but I don't see how the others are arrogant?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts