Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reading this story in the paper about something that happened to this 10 year old boy in St. Albert (here in ab, canada). Anyway, he was at the park with his dog and this gang approached him. They took his dog and then used her leash to hang her from a slide. They left and the kid watched his dog die, there wasn't anything he could do. I was just really upset when I read that and I can't believe people would be so sick!!! I also heard that if the culprits are found, it doesn't matter how old they are, they will be punished severely because this is the worst case of animal abuse in a long time.
If you want to read the story go here:
http://www.canoe.ca/EdmontonNews/es.es-02-04-0006.html

:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
That is so mean.That reminds me of those boys that drug that dog in our town.:sad:

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
Sick fucking bastards!

Such a sad story. I truly hate animal abuse!

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sonja, those were a very good choice of words. I just don't see how people could be amused by something like that. It's so sad and sick! Animals are living beings, too! :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Vanity...
This happened close to my sister's house...It is horrific! These three punks were sadists and the young boy is so traumatized! Our city has ralleyed around him with immense support and there is a search by police and laypeople everywhere to find these three thugs and bring them to justice!!
It is unimaginable to me that kids would do such a henous crime and walk away...they have no conscious...nothing! What the heck is wrong with them??:mad:

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey jas, that is awful to hear it happened close to where you live! I can imagine the kid would be scarred, after watching something he loved die hideously right in front of his very own eyes. :(
I glad to hear though that he has lots of support and that the community is doing their best to track down the culprits. Of course, living in Calgary, this kind of sick activity hits close to home! :eek:

I was also glad to see PJ's Pets offered to give David (the boy) a new puppy. I hope when he gets his new puppy it can take some of that pain away. The sooner they find those wastes of skin that did that, the better! :mad:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
sick :sad:
But I am not suprised anymore since I heard that people obvious make a sport of cutting tails of horses at night or just kill them, very much fun, isn`t it? :fiery: :sad: :fiery:

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Oh no!
Apparently, the kid made the story up. My mom just told me he had his dog tied up by the slide while he was on the playground and the dog ended up choking and dying so he made the story up because he was afraid he was going to be in trouble.

I don't know what to say :eek:

here's the story:
http://www.ctvnews.com/content/sitesections/1/843103.asp

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
grrr....poor david i said...yes, i said poor david....

but im quite unforgiving...anyone knows how tight a leash should be to snap a 10 yr old boy's neck into two?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
hmmmmm weird...the kid couldn't have looked after the dog once in a while?djeez

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
me too, he must have been realy scared to make up such a story.

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
i wonder what kind of sentence they'd be getting

murder deserves death
but animal abuse is probably much less as the law goes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
if it was an accident which i think it was then i do feel real sorry for the boy!

i hate animal abuse it makes me really sad! i'm glad there was no gang if there were however they'd be nothing but monsters!

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw the boy on TV, and I couldn't picture him killing the dog on purpose, so I think it was an accident. I think that makes it a bit better because I was completely disturbed to think any people would do something like that. I feel bad for him though, I guess he was scared so he made up that story and then it was all over national TV.

If his story was true though, it'd be interesting to see what the law would have done. Most likely the "gang" would have been young offenders (under 18). Probably would have gotten off scott free. We are much too lenient on young offenders here. I couldn't see my province being too strict on animal abuse. :(

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
SICK!:mad:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts