Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Venus and Serena's sister is dead and all some of you can think about is whether they are going to play again this year instead of mourning their loss and the fact that three young children are now motherless.

Believe me, tennis is the last thing that is on their minds right now. I know I am not thinking about it.

Reactions: Rtael

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
lizchris said:
Venus and Serena's sister is dead and all some of you can think about is whether they are going to play again this year instead of mourning their loss and the fact that three young children are now motherless.

Believe me, tennis is the last thing that is on their minds right now. I know I am not thinking about it.
Thanks, old pal, for "keeping things real here".

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Don't paint brush everyone that way. That's not fair. Tennis is insignificant at this time in their lives and it should be. This is a horrible tragedy for the Price and Williams families. And tennis probably won't matter to Serena and Venus for the forseeable future. And I can't blame them.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
lizchris it is natural.....they are tennis players and it is a tennis messageboard.

i don't see anyone being insensitive.....a lot of people are just saying don't come back until ready

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
lizchris their is no need to cause discourse amongst Williams fans at this time. This is truly indeed a very sad day for all of the williams fans. We should focus on the positive, because this event is negative. It's truly sad. I just cannot get over it, as I'm sure many Williams fans is use to seeing Yetunde at the sisters matches.

However, creating a thread such as this only focuses on negative energy. Let's remember the good things about Yetunde instead of focusing on something so negative.

RIP Yetunde.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
lizchris said:

Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

Three young children have lost their mother and a mother has lost her child.

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,149 Posts
lizchris said:

And what are you thinking about? If it were not tennis or tennis players you would not have been right here right now. Pathetic.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
harloo said:
lizchris their is no need to cause discourse amongst Williams fans at this time. This is truly indeed a very sad day for all of the williams fans. We should focus on the positive, because this event is negative. It's truly sad. I just cannot get over it, as I'm sure many Williams fans is use to seeing Yetunde at the sisters matches.

However, creating a thread such as this only focuses on negative energy. Let's remember the good things about Yetunde instead of focusing on something so negative.

RIP Yetunde.
you said it best.

at such a difficult time we don't need a thread like this. i mean i don't think anybody is in the mood to get into such negative energy right now

i know i'm not in the mood to battle with anyone right now

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
harloo said:

RIP Yetunde.
I am not trying to cause any type of argument. I am just mad that some people seem to be more concerned about them not playing again rather than the fact the sisters are going through one of the most devestating things that can happen to someone.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ys said:
And what are you thinking about? If it were not tennis or tennis players you would not have been right here right now. Pathetic.
If she were not related to someone famous, this wouldn't be on the news now.

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,149 Posts
starr said:
Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

Three young children have lost their mother and a mother has lost her child.
Stupidity or hypocrisy? If she were unrelated to Venus, she would still be a mother and a child, but would anyone here even care in this case? Happens all the time all over the world.

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
lizchris said:
I am not trying to cause any type of argument. I am just mad that some people seem to be more concerned about them not playing again rather than the fact the sisters are going through one of the most devestating things that can happen to someone.
I see what you are saying, but creating a thread like this does not help the situation. Fans will still continue to ask how this tragic event will affect the sisters. It does not mean that they do not care about the awful shooting of Yetunde and the well being of her 3 kids.

For all I care the sisters can retire now, and I will be fine with their decision. Losing a close sister is devastating, and I don't know what I would do if I lost my older sister. We are both very close.

All I'm saying is just focus on the positive. I can remember some of Yetunde interviews and that brings a smile to my face. It's already sad enough this has happened, we just don't need a debate at this time.

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
ys said:
Stupidity or hypocrisy? If she were unrelated to Venus, she would still be a mother and a child, but would anyone here even care in this case? Happens all the time all over the world.
see lizchris. Your post opens up this type of negativity.

I shall leave this thread before I say something that's not so nice.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I can't believe that liz's remarks caused a debate. I would have thought that her remarks would have shamed those miscreants she identified into silence.

Instead, I am stunned that she gets attacked for only saying something that anyone with a lick of sense, decency, or maturity was thinking.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
don't be stunned

Venus and Serena are tennis players. thats what they are, and that is their job. we know them through tennis. we are on a tennis messageboard. some people are just saying we're not gonna see them soon and hope they don't play til ready

that didnt deserve a "you people" high and mighty thread. i understand Lizchris' point but honestly, one can't blame people for wandering about players' tennis careers on a tennis mb even at this time of sorrow. we just didn't need this type of negativity, as Harloo said

i'm just offering my point of view...... :)

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
starr said:
I can't believe that liz's remarks caused a debate. I would have thought that her remarks would have shamed those miscreants she identified into silence.

Instead, I am stunned that she gets attacked for only saying something that anyone with a lick of sense, decency, or maturity was thinking.
Starr, nobody attacked Lizchris. Futhermore, I am not gonna get into any type of back in forth with you. You have your opinions, I have my own.

RIP Yetunde :sad:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
starr said:

Thank you starr for the support.

I don't mind gettng attacked for telling the truth. It happens here all the time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts