Tennis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Kim prefers to hit high forehand swinging volleys instead of overheads...she missed quite a few. But when she's on, they're unbeatable.

2. Justine's opportune medical time-outs are definitely not used how they should be.

3. The shot that keeps Kim and Justine in points longer than other players is their slice, chop forehand return of serve when pulled out wide. I don't see anyone besides these two use it...a very smart and underused play.

4. Justine played well, but I don't see her as the US Open champion.

5. Kim is the one to beat as of now.

6. The final of the JP Morgan Chase Open is very predictable: Clijsters vs. Davenport. Let's hope Lindsay will be in better spirits for this rematch and make a run at the Open.

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
LindsayRulez said:
1. Kim prefers to hit high forehand swinging volleys instead of overheads...she missed quite a few. But when she's on, they're unbeatable.
swinging volleys when well executed are normally unreturnable :rolleyes:

2. Justine's opportune medical time-outs are definitely not used how they should be.
would you mind to explain how they should be used? :confused:

3. The shot that keeps Kim and Justine in points longer than other players is their slice, chop forehand return of serve when pulled out wide. I don't see anyone besides these two use it...a very smart and underused play.
true but only partially, their speed, footwork and anticipation have something to do as well.

4. Justine played well, but I don't see her as the US Open champion.
personal opinion, I can't argue that.
5. Kim is the one to beat as of now.
really?

6. The final of the JP Morgan Chase Open is very predictable: Clijsters vs. Davenport. Let's hope Lindsay will be in better spirits for this rematch and make a run at the Open.
with the field there you are probably right, but I wouldn't rule Chanda out.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. overheads are a little harder to return than swinging volleys 2. hello, do you think it's a coincidence that Justine has a time-out after every first set she loses to Kim or a few other players? 3. they are fast and everything, but that shot complements their speed well 4. okay 5. yes 6. Chanda always has a chance

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
they call point 1 a 'drive volley' ;) :p

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
LindsayRulez said:
2. hello, do you think it's a coincidence that Justine has a time-out after every first set she loses to Kim or a few other players?
Can you back this up with some facts please, cause i can't remember any match against Kim were she had a medical time-out after the first set. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Justine used her medical time-out at the good moment.
She waited for the 1st set to end, before she asked it. :D
She didn't use it at the end of the 1st set to annoy Clijsters. I don't understand why Clisjters had such a reaction. :devil: :mad: :fiery:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.