Tennis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of the USA Commentators (Austin, Robbins) exaggerating and distorting facts. Here's a list of facts that I would like to send them so they can get a clue. Add to the list if you want :D

Andy has played 19 events including the US Open.
Kim has played 16 events including the US Open. Who's playing way too much now?

Kim has played doubles in 11 of her 16 events.
Out of the top 25 players on the Race Rankings, only 7 players have played less events then Kim. These seven are Justine, Serena, Lindsay, Jennifer, Venus, Amelie, Chanda. Justine is the only player out of the seven to not have been injured this season.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Tennisace said:
I'm tired of the USA Commentators (Austin, Robbins) exaggerating and distorting facts. Here's a list of facts that I would like to send them so they can get a clue. Add to the list if you want :D

Andy has played 19 events including the US Open.
Kim has played 16 events including the US Open. Who's playing way too much now?

Kim has played doubles in 11 of her 16 events.
Out of the top 25 players on the Race Rankings, only 7 players have played less events then Kim. These seven are Justine, Serena, Lindsay, Jennifer, Venus, Amelie, Chanda. Justine is the only player out of the seven to not have been injured this season.
Kim has probably played more matches then all of these this year. She has played about 80 matches already. If she keeps this up she will play over 100 matches this year. :eek:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knizzle said:
Kim has probably played more matches then all of these this year. She has played about 80 matches already. If she keeps this up she will play over 100 matches this year. :eek:
Andy has played just about 80 matches already too, he's at 72 or so right now.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The point of this thread is to de-construct some of the exaggerated arguments that have been heard way too often this past week and provide insight on the truth.

Although this may seem like it, this is not a Kim clearing thread.

Another tidbit, the male commentators keep bagging on Myskina, Serra-Zanetti, Dementieva, and Kapros second serves. When they were commenting on Schalken's match...they criticized for like 2 seconds but excused his lack of serve with his great groundstrokes and said oooh you have to give him credit for being in the top 10 with that serve. What about Myskina and Dementieva?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.