Tennis Forum banner

1161 - 1172 of 1172 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sofya is injured? or is there any other reason why she does not play when she lost in the first round of Wimbledon qualifying?
by now they are many months that she publishes only photo, previously with Giraldo (then canceled) and then with this other boy (also he tennis player), but no post regarding the tennis or her training.

·
Registered
670 Posts
^^^ This is a disturbing photoshot for a couple reasons:

a) The Gucci t-shirt costs $180. Can she afford it? Sure. But given her ranking, it's on the very luxurous side. OTOH, it may be free, as she has over 39K followers on Instagram and Gucci may consider her an influencer, which brings about another disturbing thing: does Sofya want to be a tennis star or an Instagram star?

b) She captioned the photo: "Typical Wednesday afternoon" and it was taken in Coral Gables, Florida. The venue and her attire doesn't seem like she's taking a break from training. The first thing that came to my mind when I read it was, "Hello, this a typical Wednesday afternoon for a pro tennis player?" So is tennis still her goal, or is she injured?

Someone on that photo thread wrote this: "Do you still play competitive tennis or do you only take pics of you walking your ass around South Beach and the Gables? Maybe you need to match it back to IMG and see if they can save your career. Or maybe not!"

Kinda sad. And I am not alone.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What is happening with her is quite alarming. She played well in french open qualifying and showed good skills in her r1, yet she completely disappeared soon after.
Her ranking at the moment is a mess, she won't even make the cut for AO qualies unless she plays and wins some itfs in the upcoming weeks, which seems unlikely.
It's a wasted talent, she can be really good, a top 10 Player maybe, yet she is stuck, and tennis career are so short, she needs to figure out whether this is her dream or not.
Let's hope she will regroup next year, she is still young, after all.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
There is any Sofya's tennis news?

·
always getting what i want
17,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,169
She looks amazing. :love:

1161 - 1172 of 1172 Posts