Tennis Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1147 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Here are the rankings for the top 10 as of Monday.

With the Olympics going on, nothing will most likely change until the first week of August. That being said, I probably won't post a ranking update for next week.

As of right now, no other news everyone. I've been looking everywhere I can think to look, but there's nothing I can find. Sofia hasn't even posted anything so far really, except for a few post on her Instagram stories. It was nothing special, at least nothing that I thought really needed to be posted here. First few stories was at a ritzy Turkish steakhouse in Miami called Nusr-et Steakhouse, you don't even see Sofia in it, just the chef preparing the steak. The other stories was in a night club, but Sofia didn't put herself in this video either, and the clips all together was only about 18 seconds... maybe.

So that's it everyone, that's my update, it's very little I know. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
929 Posts
I come across a couple Youtube videos today, nothing earth shattering, but I thought I'd post it anyways. The first video is from KT Tape, and I figure they had Sofia do this 3 maybe 4 months ago, it's like a brief personal bio/promo introduction. I think I might of posted a picture or 2 from it around that time on this thread, but I'm not sure. I do know Sofia has a KT promo picture in her website gallery wearing the same outfit.

Second video is a match highlight someone did of the 2020 Qatar Open Doubles QF. It was the first tournament that Sofia teamed with Bencic, and they faced Su-wei Hsieh/Barbora Strycova.

Yeah they lost the match, but they gave Hsieh/Strycova a good fight. To be honest, this match sort of reminds me of their recent Wimbledon doubles match, Belinda at the net is an adventure. That being said, I believe there was a couple opportunities in the match for Sofia to poach the ball and end the points, but she played it safe and in the end, it cost them the points. I'm not sure how long the highlight will stay up, but enjoy it if you want to.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Hopefully she's practicing hard and can start the US swing with a bang.
Many of the top players in Tokyo may start the US season in varying degrees of form, depending on how they perform, at the Olympics, so a lot of points up for grabs which Sofia needs for her inflated ranking.
She is actually #52 in the WTA race compared to #4 in the rankings at present.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Hopefully she's practicing hard and can start the US swing with a bang.
Many of the top players in Tokyo may start the US season in varying degrees of form, depending on how they perform, at the Olympics, so a lot of points up for grabs which Sofia needs for her inflated ranking.
She is actually #52 in the WTA race compared to #4 in the rankings at present.
I know I shouldn't be surprised based on the results of this year, but this is truly tragic 😭 I hope she will have a good start in San Jose. A lot of points coming down with Montreal/Cincy SFs from 2019.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Still no coach? Sofia fired her dad in April...
I don't know I've been checking around everywhere I can, but if she has, it hasn't been reported on. Of course the way tennis media is at the moment, I jokingly feel I've been doing just as well of a job as they are.

San Jose is coming around the corner, and she'll have to travel there sometime this week, so we'll know what's up then I guess.

I wish I had more for everyone, but other than a couple Instagram stories and a release of a promotional video from KT Tape, it's almost like she's disappeared into thin air.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Looks like she is out of San Jose:
Thanks, this must have just come in, because I didn't see this this morning.

Well... she better bring it for Montreal, Cincy, and the US Open then, or 2021 will be pretty much a lost year for her.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sofia has withdrawn from Madrid, Berlin, Eastbourne, the Olympic Games and San Jose since May. It looks like she is completely disgusted by tennis.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Sofia has withdrawn from Madrid, Berlin, Eastbourne, the Olympic Games and San Jose since May. It looks like she is completely disgusted by tennis.
🤷‍♂️ I don't know.

I don't know how old you are @Betkos, but in the 90's and earlier we use to have these people called journalist that would actually try to get us answers to questions like these. I mean that was half the reason players would get agents, for them to be their PR department to the press, and the other half would be to get them deals. Now we have these sorry excuses for journalist like 'Douche Bag' Ben, that doesn't really seem to do... well anything really, well other that to make fun of some of the players, Sofia being one of them.

As for the withdraws themselves, all of them have been after she fired her her Dad. At this point, I guess we write a bunch of reasons on paper, stick them on the wall and throw a dart, and see where it lands?

·
Registered
16,444 Posts
id rather her take a break and get hungry again rather than get on the court and look completely miserable which has been the case for a year or so

Reactions: Darkwolf

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Just noticed she's pulled out.
Hopefully she's fine, she doesn't post much on social media either, however I just this minute looked on her instagram story, she's in Miami by the look of it, at a restaurent eating delicious looking food. :love:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Just noticed she's pulled out.
Hopefully she's fine, she doesn't post much on social media either, however I just this minute looked on her instagram story, she's in Miami by the look of it, at a restaurent eating delicious looking food. :love:
I noticed that myself, and yeah she's still in Miami. The guys name in her one story owns a few nightclubs in Miami if I'm correct, he might also own a few other things as well. He's a fan of tennis and if you look at his Instagram, he hangs around a lot of tennis stars.

1101 - 1120 of 1147 Posts