Tennis Forum banner

921 - 940 of 993 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sofia posted this to her stories that her agent took of her, Sloane and himself. It's good to see her enjoying herself.

EDIT: I cut down the size of the picture to make it smaller.
I would like to see the match between Sonya and Sloane in Paris, but Sofia's draw is extremely tough. I am happy she has friends on WTA Tour. Sofia seems to be a pretty kind person off court.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
nice to see her with her friends and not with her dad lol

I wonder why Mattek Sands is now playing with Iga instead of with Sofia? Sofia has stated she is her favorite double partner...

her reaction to the question at 5:35 :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I wonder why Mattek Sands is now playing with Iga instead of with Sofia? Sofia has stated she is her favorite double partner...
I don't know, maybe they got word that Olympic doubles wasn't going to happen for them. Seeing as Sofia's been playing doubles in the bigger tournaments with Belinda, maybe they agreed to be partners this year.

her reaction to the question at 5:35 :ROFLMAO:
You have to love the internet turning reporters into robots. :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
I would like to see the match between Sonya and Sloane in Paris, but Sofia's draw is extremely tough.
Yeah this draw has been sort of a gauntlet for Sofia. Sakkari in the 4th, and potentially Iga in the QF IF Sofia can get through Maria(not going to lie, Sakkari scares me more than Pegula). I get 2020 US Open draw vibes, were each round was a potential land mine for Sofia.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
wow serena out... I'm thinking from the bottom half, Pav will come thru, looking at her highlights she's looking phenomenal, she could win it all

·
Registered
790 Posts
what happened to the belgian coach. I swear she had one.
If you're thinking of Wenders, he's Dutch. I guess he was just a contact that was able to get Sofia into that Belgium academy to train for the Italian & French Opens. It was made known on her on court interview after the third round match, that Sofia is suppose to be interviewing a coach during the tournament. I guess the only people that are actually with Sofia, is her agent and I guess her fitness coach.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Sofia is unlucky her half hasn't fallen apart like the bottom has.
I certainly think she can beat Sakkari who I believe is nowhere as mentally tough as her.
If she wins tonight, then I think she still has a chance, even against Iga.
I'm hoping for Rybakina to make the final from the other section, as she's my only other favourite player still going at Paris.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sofia is unlucky her half hasn't fallen apart like the bottom has.
I certainly think she can beat Sakkari who I believe is nowhere as mentally tough as her.
If she wins tonight, then I think she still has a chance, even against Iga.
I'm hoping for Rybakina to make the final from the other section, as she's my only other favourite player still going at Paris.
Don't get me wrong, I believe Sofia has a pretty decent chance to win against Sakkari if Sofia plays her best tennis. I just don't think Sofia can't afford to have a mediocre to bad service day, especially if Maria serves as well as she did against Mertens, and against Sofia in the second half of their match in Abu Dhabi.

If Sofia can get past Sakkari, I am very interested in seeing how Sofia with two working legs will fair on the clay against Iga.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
If Sofia doesn't win, I'm rooting for Pavlyu, she deserves a slam, she's playing amazing right now

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'll post some stuff on here later guys, not that there will be much to see. From the stats I did look at real quick, they were absolutely horrid. It seems like everything I thought Sofia couldn't afford to do she did in spades, and she earned her defeat.

921 - 940 of 993 Posts