Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
She could have a very good year. At least she will be fresh, some of 2021's stars may feel jaded right from the start and struggle to repeat last year.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I've always had the impression that Kenin was/is a bit mentally "brittle" on the court, whether winning or losing. She looks wound so tight all the time. To her credit, many times she fights through it, but it's always there. Now I'm just comparing her to Bianca for example, who yes, at times does very annoying things on court, mostly with MTO....but she appears to have "fire and forget"..."memory of a goldfish"....."Ah, shit....I lost....well that sucks", shrugs her shoulders and moves on approach. Sofia seems not to be able to "let it go" so to speak. Just an observation on Sofia....even during her fine 2020 season.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Kenin is completely under the radar. You saw that perfectly when she reached that 2nd Grand Slam final. Nearly anyone can even remember she backed up her Grand Slam with another final. For me, she is a future HOF-player.
She will play and fight the next ten years and she will be in the last 4 of a Grand Slam many many times.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Clickbait title, maybe at least include the whole quote: "It was nice because of course, sometimes it feels like people forgot about me, so it was just nice to have that feeling back."

She is talking about her thoughts while she was away from the game, and how it is good to be back and receive love from her fans now. Insightful and down to earth interview, I feel better about where her comeback is heading after having read all that.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
52,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Clickbait title, maybe at least include the whole quote: "It was nice because of course, sometimes it feels like people forgot about me, so it was just nice to have that feeling back."

She is talking about her thoughts while she was away from the game, and how it is good to be back and receive love from her fans now. Insightful and down to earth interview, I feel better about where her comeback is heading after having read all that.
It’s the title of the article itself. and having the whole quote is wayyy too long for TF thread title

Reactions: Cloudy Sky

·
Registered
56,619 Posts
OBVIOUSLY they have ....:oh:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow, your lovely personality shines through. You know writing something like this about others always says much more about yourself than about the person you're writing about. This tells me you're young, insecure, afraid of being boring yourself.

OnTopic: Article starts with the "tears were flowing"? She was crying her eyes out before her first round match or...? Sounds a bit worrying. Hope she will have a successful year.
She said last year in an interview with rennae stubbs that she's always nervous before matches even now and it makes her cry. But i guess in this situation it's more like tears of joy to be back on court after 6 months?

·
Registered
26,703 Posts
So it sounds like she took a pretty bad hit from Covid-19 after all, after so many on here rubbished that assumption. I hope she has a very successful 2022 season.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If only she'd just go away so we can forget about her and her creepy dad

·
Registered
16,741 Posts
she is paying attention to how much attention she gets?

maybe she should act more narcissistic and get attention then :)
She should become a TikToker I guess. :)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts