Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who understands rankings, if they play a few tourneys before the UsSOpen and Olympics aswell and get to the finals will they moove back into top 5?

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Yes, they will surge up in the rankings. Nothing to defend from now until the end of the year, and till the Australian Open for Serena. Both will probably finish in the top 10.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Serena ought to pick up a few thousand points and get the top 5 if she plays enough and wins. Depends on Momo. Myskina Kim and justine adding and defending too.

Venus would have to play much better and probably won't go as far given she has fallen back not advanced so far.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I think both of them will pick up at least 2000 points each meaning they will be in the 3700-4000 point range by the end of the year which should have both of them in the top 5.

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
They should both end in the top 5. They are 6 and 7 in the race right now, and their fave season is coming up so you know what that means.

Hopefully Venus won't have anymore flameouts

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Serna had a good wimby only losing against Serena, so I guess she will go up, not a good Wimby she had last year :)
Venus, on the other hand, will go down, but afterall she's all the summer to gain points, so don't give up, Venus' fans ;)

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start to make jokes about the thread title. I refrained from doing it.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
TakeMeAway said:
I think magui's days are over ....... she might hover around but i dont see her reaching top 5 or even top 10.
Venus though might, it depends if she has the determination.
:lol: :tape:

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
TakeMeAway said:
I think magui's days are over ....... she might hover around but i dont see her reaching top 5 or even top 10.
Venus though might, it depends if she has the determination.
Lol...took me a bit to catch that one :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts