Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in whole ;)

well i cant say i saw too many good matches....i swear this is the first time the quality at the beginning was better than the quality of the second week.

from the matches i got...i only enjoyed Ashley-Daniela and Nadia-Jennifer

but you know, the Belgian story is historical, and congrats to them, the fans and the country :)

bring on Wimbledon :cool:

I FOR ONE CANT WAIT :D

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Me too, SJW! I look forward to it! :D

I loved this tournament!
Watching Nadia Petrova play like a top-5 player was a great thrill. :D
Vera Zvonareva was a revelation. :)
Corina! Just having her back, and then the bonus of a singles win for her, was wonderful. :hearts:
Kim's warm embrace of Justine and her sweet speech. :)
Seeing Justine advance through a tricky draw and then WINNING was a GREAT, GREAT pleasure. :hearts: :kiss:
Her hug with her husband and her dedication to her Mom made me cry! :hearts:

True, there were bad parts:

The Very Rude Crowd in the3rd set of the JHH-SW match :mad:
Lindsay's, Monica's injuries :sad:
Daniela's perplexing, continuing slide :(
Amélie unable to overcome her nerves and put up a fight :(

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Sue Barker rocks! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
janie said:
True, there were bad parts:

The Very Rude Crowd in the3rd set of the JHH-SW match :mad:
Lindsay's, Monica's injuries :sad:
Daniela's perplexing, continuing slide :(
Amélie unable to overcome her nerves and put up a fight :(
anything else u would like to add?? ;)

did Monica have an injury?? i just thought she was outplayed

i would also like to add seeing Marissa Irvin win 2 rounds was a great thrill for me :D

but the main stories...like i said.....were my babies Nadia and Ashley representing :)

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Actually, I did forget something, SJW:

a bad part, unfortunately:

Venus' poor showing :( :eek: :mad:

and a good one:

Justine's lengthy interviews! Usually the reporters pretty much ignore her, but not at this tournament. That was a treat. :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I enjoyed Justine, Nadia and Vera (i'm a fan from now on)
2 of my favourites now have their deserved grand Slam titles, Justine and King Juan Carlos.
Yes i did enjoy Roland Garos like i do most years.

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
I loved this tournament :hearts: duhh ;)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I did enjoy Roland Garros for several reasons:

JCF winning his first grand slam. That beautiful face is the stuff dreams are made of and after several final showings in big events, JCF has finally broken through!

Henin-Hardenne winning her first slam. I really didn't think anyone other Serena would win a slam this year, but little Justine proved everyone wrong. All of her off the court work has paid off beautifully.

Kim and Ai winning the doubles title. After losing that final yesterday, I wasn't sure that Kim had anything left emotionally, but she proved me wrong. As an long-time Ai fan, I am thrilled to see her win her third grand slam doubles title. This has been a great year for her.

The Russians proving themselves to be a force on a tough surface with Petrova' semifinal showing, Zvonareva's quarterfinal showing, Likhotseva's mixed doubles final showing and Kafelnikov's men's double final showing. Between Petrova and Zvonareva, they defeated three top American players, V. Williams, Seles, and Capriati, serving noticed that the Russians are to be taken seriously.

Kudos to Verkerk, although I got nothing out of his personality, anyone who can make it to a GS final without having won a GS match previously and taking out Moya deserves praise.

Corina playing at all is always a thrill.

I also had several disappointments

The French crowds treatment of Serena Williams was terrible, but it will probably motivate her to kill the field at Wimbledon.

Kim playing so poorly in her match against Justine.

So many great players losing early: Seles, Coetzer, Dementieva, V. Williams, Dokic, Capriati, Davenport.

Agassi losing so easily to Coria. Moya losing to Verkerk.

·
Moderator - Challengers &, Chicas Latinas
17,230 Posts
I didn't... but at least some people did which is the important thing.

·
Banned
327 Posts
i loved rg 2003 - particularly venus and serena getting their just deserts from 2 fabulous players!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
I had mixed emotions.

Venus' errors cost her a match
Serena's treatment by the crowd
Just sloppy one-sided encounters. I guess once the QF, SF, F's come around I expect good three setters. I'm always disappointed, considering we only had 1 3 setter in all the QF SF F matches.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
The matches were pretty lousy, although I did become a fan of Coria and Verkerk.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
This was a perfect tournament for me. My 2nd and 4th favorite players made it through to the semifinals!:D Congrats to Justine and Nadia again!^_^

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
i didnt like it

·
Premium Member
20,728 Posts
It was somewhat bitter sweet for me. RG has always been my favorite slam since it's in my favorite city. However the RG crowd living up to their borish behavour against Serena really saddened me :sad:

On the whole the tournament was not bad, my faves lost but thankfully I can keep thing in prespective.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Not a bad tournament, not a great one either.

Good to see change at the top.

nice to see a few players breakout.

Gotta echo the common sentiment about good matches..... not very many, eh? Ashley-Daniela was good ... maybe more dramatic than classic. Same goes for Vera-Venus. but mostly, the highly anticipated matches bombed, and blowouts were the norm. Still, this was redeemed by the players doing the blowouts. ;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts