Tennis Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,795 Posts
Hurley said:
After the bushels of classless and ignorant comments you've made about Justine for months, I think my singular response has been pretty well kept in check.
I've never said anything about Justine that is not true, or at least not considered to be truth by many.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
ys said:
I've never said anything about Justine that is not true, or at least not considered to be truth by many.

this has to be the most hillarious post ever.

like today Kim was going to win easily

Petrova was going to smash her like a bug.

by definition, predictions can't be true because they are about things that will happen in the future, when the success do happen then you know if the prediction was accurate.

in your case, they were all wrong.

·
Enemy of Art
14,038 Posts
Except for her inability to win on North American hardcourts -- even San Diego -- and that she would lose easily to Elena, Nadia, and Kim this week.

You were proven wrong, and perhaps I'm overreacting, but it seems to me that you're dismissing this week as a one-off. Perhaps it is, but those comments, then, weren't true...

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,795 Posts
Hurley said:
Except for her inability to win on North American hardcourts -- even San Diego -- and that she would lose easily to Elena, Nadia, and Kim this week.
Never said anything about her match against Elena. I wanted Dementieva to win, but I never said that she definitely will.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,109 Posts
I will be the first to say that I am surprised by her win. She beat Kim on Kims best and her worst surface. Justine is not the same player as last year , going by the past you would think Kim would have won. I have not a clue what the hell is going on with Kim in finals lately but Justine played quite well and deserved the win.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
of course we want proofs here.:devil:

·
Enemy of Art
14,038 Posts
ys won't deny it.

I'm just agog that I saw hundreds of people saying Justine had no chance to win big on the North American summer swing. She could very easily go out first round in the US Open, but that still wouldn't change the fact that she won San Diego. The whole darn thing.

It's like she has to do three times the work to get one half the credit. I can see why she has an inferiority complex that makes her keep bringing up her size disadvantage and her emotional persecution. If she had to deal with as much of this type of behavior in real life as her fans do here, no wonder she feels like she's given the short shrift.

·
41,226 Posts
WtaTour4Ever said:
I will be the first to say that I am surprised by her win. She beat Kim on Kims best and her worst surface. Justine is not the same player as last year , going by the past you would think Kim would have won. I have not a clue what the hell is going on with Kim in finals lately but Justine played quite well and deserved the win.
:worship:

why can't people accept that a player can improve? Justine worked very hard with her fitnesstrainer and it does show off! It's not because she never beat a williams on hardcourt before that she can't beat them on that surface. This Justine is a much better player then last year.

·
2,109 Posts
per4ever said:
:worship:

why can't people accept that a player can improve? Justine worked very hard with her fitnesstrainer and it does show off! It's not because she never beat a williams on hardcourt before that she can't beat them on that surface. This Justine is a much better player then last year.
Ok.....no one said anything about beating a WS on hardcourt...have you lost your mind. (I kid)

Can't take anything for granted this year......either sister will have to be on their game.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I said it, I take my words back.

But I have to remind you that Elena D was leading Justine by a set and 4-2. After that Elena wouldn't move for a ball.

Justine has proved her hardcourt IMPROVEMENT, but I don't see her winning another hardcourt title this summer nor the USO.

I do think she will make the latter rounds more consistently though.

Well done Justine! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Nice to see all you guys taking all the bash against Justine back!

I guess that was the purpose of this thread after all....not to curse one another...

Well Done Justine!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.