Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
What does beating a Williams on a hardcourt prove? Does everyone who wins a tournament have to be "initiated" by beating a Williams sister? Justine obviously CAN play on hardcourts, and she beat the World #2 in the final. It's her first "american" hardcourt win, and a big confidence boost for her. This pathetic mud slinging back and forth means noothing.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Ryan16 said:
What does beating a Williams on a hardcourt prove? Does everyone who wins a tournament have to be "initiated" by beating a Williams sister? Justine obviously CAN play on hardcourts, and she beat the World #2 in the final. It's her first "american" hardcourt win, and a big confidence boost for her. This pathetic mud slinging back and forth means noothing.
some of you justine fans sure are paranoid. of course she can play on hardcourts she just won a tournament on it! Do you need a hug and kiss for reassurance? Poor baby.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Ryan16 said:
if i was a player on the tour, my goal would to be to get to the top, and to beat the best players. its clear venus and serena are by far the best on hardcourts. you should be glad to her justine "trying" to get compared to venus and serena on hardcourts. you cannot end up being a great and try and go down in history books by just winning on one main surface.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Okay, then for all you who doesn't think Justine or Kim will win the US Open, who do you think is going to win then??? I don't think it will be Lindsay or Jen!

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
JLDementieva said:
Okay, then for all you who doesn't think Justine or Kim will win the US Open, who do you think is going to win then??? I don't think it will be Lindsay or Jen!
Alright well first of all, that quote said that they/we didnt think Justine was going to win the US Open. I think it all depends on who shows up for the Open actually, Jen does still have the game to win a tourney, an in shape Mauresmo plays well on hardcourts, and of course Kim is in there as well IMO.

·
Registered
25,217 Posts
Annarocks said:
Volcana = loser in denial....oh btw :)
That's rude. I did exactly what you asked in your first post, and you promptly turn into an insulting asshole. If you didn't want anyone to post things like that, why did you ask us to?

Fuck you.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
well Meghann Shaughnessy has beaten Venus twice on hard courts and maggie Maleeva has done it several times too so I guess they are the second coming of Christ and much better than Justine. :rolleyes:

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,795 Posts
It's just a warm up, wait for The Open. Roddick also wins clay warmups on regular basis, and Sampras once won Rome.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
ys said:
It's just a warm up, wait for The Open. Roddick also wins clay warmups on regular basis, and Sampras once won Rome.

OMG how pathetic can you get? before it was that she hadn't beaten a top player on hardcourt and hadn't reached the quarters of a big US hardcourt event.

Mauresmo was wonderful because she won the Canadian Open.

Now Justine wins a hardcourt event beating Kim and it's only a warm up

does the fact that Justine is 23-2 against the Russians have anything to do with it?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,795 Posts
Hurley said:
ys, I predict it will rain tomorrow and every day after.

And then, when it rains, I will gloat.

Sound familiar? :)
When I have ever been gloating? I guess in this thread the gloating one is not me, as always.. You will gloat? Yes, sounds familiar.

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,795 Posts
Hurley said:
You need to learn the difference between gloating and smiling, friend. :)
Pointing that someone was wrong and you were right is _gloating_, in my book at least. And gloating is low class.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.