Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Venus doesn't findd Jenn much of a challenge on the tennis court. I'm not sure I'd call that a 'problem'.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I think it has something to do with J Cap not giving Venus much of an "on court" rivalry.

Venus prefers strong competition.

Quit causing trouble angry boy.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Trying to start crap with Venus and Jen fans ..are yah? It's obvious that Vee has no problem with Jennifer, the head2hed alone is enough to tell anyone that but u knew that already!

Fearless Venus and Jen rule:)

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I loved the staredown at the US Open 2001 SF. Venus really gave Capriati the business. Venus has never said anything bad about Jennifer. In fact she always said in 2001 that you had to be playing some great tennis to beat Jennifer that year, which Venus beat her three times that year. She gave Jennifer nothing but respect.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Another good "Bait" thread.... :rolleyes:
Venus and Jenn don't have problems with one another. Just as I am sure that Venus doesn't have a problem with the other 1000 players that she doesn't invite over for a cup of tea.....

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Knizzle said:
I loved the staredown at the US Open 2001 SF. Venus really gave Capriati the business. Venus has never said anything bad about Jennifer. In fact she always said in 2001 that you had to be playing some great tennis to beat Jennifer that year, which Venus beat her three times that year. She gave Jennifer nothing but respect.
yes the stare down was keen, i think all in all Venus was at that point, not only knowing she had Jennifer beat, but tired of her holding up her hand asking to wait (plus the fact that venus knows jennifer is a rush rush player) i think she thought jen was doing that in a "gamemanship" manner. But again like I say, Jennifer seems fierce or what not out on the court, but when you confront her, or check her in some way, its like she closes up, and realizes there is no way she can win this battle.

Its like being sort of a bull shit talker, and when that muthafucka runs into the wrong person, or someone actually confronts them on it, they tense up, close up, seem more so scared than confident, and become totally different.

When Venus stared her down, Jennifer did take it 1 on 1, you see she sort of looked up at the Chair for some help/assistance as to why Venus is starring at her.

But like Johnny Mac said, Jennifer was the 1 who blinked. Venus was showing Jen in a way, no i an't gon wait, you gon wait for me, and she just stood there a lil till jen got sort of aggitated, venus caught her off guard, and just popped a nice lil service winner :) Classy Venus is, she didn't put up a fuss, she just took matters into her own hands, and took care of the sitation.

You see after that point, Jennifer no longer put her hands up don't ya! Thats what you call, putting someone in their place!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
12 posts...and this is already the 2nd "new thread" looking to stir up shit.

How many of you posted "controversial" new threads when you first started here? I know I didn't.

Newbie or ghostnic...? I'd hazard a guess that its the latter.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
*peeks in thread, then runs away like a sissy* :p

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Leena said:
Vee poked Jen's tummy and called her Poppin Fresh.
Leena, you're killing me!!! :p That was genius!

It's obvious that Venus has no problem with Jenn. And you know, even though it's a whitewash H2H, I don't think that Jenn has a problem with Venus. I think players always appreciate those who can push them to be at their best. To Jenn, Venus must be a challenge to overcome. That keeps you motivated. It makes you hungry to get better. In sports, that's a GOOD thing! Venus has always said nice things about Jenn in public. And honestly, I don't think she thinks of Jenn one way or the other. Too many things in life to worry about.

As for this newbie, starting all of these bait threads is UNCOOL. C'mon, grow up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
612 Posts
This newbie could be and oldie hiding behind a new face.... ya never know :wavey:

Like one of those that MarcusRock puts in their place everytime they strike.

There is nothing going on between Vee and Jen anyway, they haven't even played in how long now?? Vee has no problem with anybody, like she said to Oprah..... bring it!! you got a problem, bring it to the court.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Its been said like 3 times but DAMN, these threads are killing me......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts