Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shrug: I know Venus loves Reebok, but is she just going to wear the same outfits in rotation all year long? It's been forever since her contract expired...Venus has to have lost atleast $3-$4million dollars by holding out for a better contract (if that's what she's even doing)....so what's up??? :scratch:

·
Premium Member
20,101 Posts
Most lucrative contracts are performance based. If Venus starts winning big titles again she may be able to re-negotiate her contract with Reebok.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
harloo said:
Most lucrative contracts are performance based. If Venus starts winning big titles again she may be able to re-negotiate her contract with Reebok.
Which is fair, Venus just has to win the big ones again and all should be fine.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right, but she has still lost at least a million dollars base. Right now, she hasn't made zilch in the last year or so. And her contract was 8 million a year...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Venus does not care about reebok contract if she gets it back great if not so be it.........she just wearing them because she great in them and beside I don't think venus losing at all she is a milllion dollar and more................confident person she is!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
The truth is that no one really knows for sure what Venus' contract is or was or the reasons for the renegotiations or whether a deal was made. Its is all speculation and rumor. Some reports say that he r contract is still the biggest of any female including serena's NIKE deal. But really does Venus relaly even need a clothing sponsor at this point? It seems to me to be a burden to her to have to wear someone 's clothes out of obligation and live up to their expectations of her. I dunno. But its hard to know who to believe.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,924 Posts
tennisfan1972 said:
The truth is that no one really knows for sure what Venus' contract is or was or the reasons for the renegotiations or whether a deal was made. Its is all speculation and rumor. Some reports say that he r contract is still the biggest of any female including serena's NIKE deal. But really does Venus relaly even need a clothing sponsor at this point? It seems to me to be a burden to her to have to wear someone 's clothes out of obligation and live up to their expectations of her. I dunno. But its hard to know who to believe.

Couldn't agree more. I see her wearing their stuff whether she has a contract on not out of loyalty. They've been good to her from the time she was 12 years old . :eek:

·
49,001 Posts
I think Reebok is banking on Vaidisova. She just got featured in their new ads with 50 Cent, Andy, and Iverson.

http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_6437_rx.asp

Vaidisova Featured in Reebok Campaign

Rising tennis player Nicole Vaidisova is joining the ranks of athletes and celebrities in Reebok's "I Am What I Am" advertising campaign. The 15-year-old from Prague, Czech Republic has made a steady climb in the Sony Ericsson WTA Rankings over the past year to her current spot at No.53. Vaidisova joins ATP star Andy Roddick, along with Philadephia 76er Allen Iverson and entertainers Jay-Z, 50 Cent and actress Lucy Liu in the Reebok campaign.

Vaidisova made her debut on the Tour last year, compiling a 31-8 record and impressing many by winning titles at Vancouver and Tashkent.

·
Registered
238 Posts
To tell you the truth, I think Venus will end up with PUMA or Nike because, PUMA went after her before Serena, and Nike has been after Venus since she was a kid. And if you noticed on Oprah today, Venus did haveon Nike warm-up clothing, so who knows.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I think Venus will be fine with her contract. She has enough star power to keep them in her corner for a while. If she wins some big titles this year and moves back into the top 5 they might be worried that Venus is going to leave them...lol!

BTW, anyone know whats going on with Jens clothing issue?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.