Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
170,920 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
she has the technique but not really the belief judgig ber her recent loss to Serena and her comments after the match.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
she has the technique but not really the belief judgig ber her recent loss to Serena and her comments after the match.
Agreed I think belief is a big part of it.

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
pls get rid of ur shopping habit and just focus on tennis, na. :eek: :p

·
Registered
170,920 Posts

·
Registered
27,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shopping is just a kind of relaxation,it can't affect tennis:rolleyes:

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
Shopping is just a kind of relaxation,it can't affect tennis:rolleyes:
not if shes thinking where to shop later during the game. :eek:

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
hasnt she been injured a lot in her career too though?

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
hasnt she been injured a lot in her career too though?
didnt play (retired) for 3 years i think. then always skipped one or two G.S tournaments each year.

·
Registered
170,920 Posts

·
Registered
27,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:lol:The shoes looks sexy:eek:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Fear of success, like all the ova's.

Maybe she suddenly remembered she forgot to pay her taxes, better not get too famous.:p

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Stay healthy for at least a year and a half = top 10.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
She doesn't have a consistent weapon. Every top player of the past many, many years has a consistent weapon. Her serve and movement are good but not really noteworthy, neither one of her groundstrokes is reliable enough to lean on in a match... what is she going to do in a tight situation to get past the players she needs to?

The big thing in my mind is that she didn't develop properly. She hasn't played tennis competitively consistently in her entire life. Even when Venus and Serena boycotted the junior circuit, they had consistent hitting partners and training. It's unclear that Na/Li ever had that sort of consistency in her development.

Plus, there have always been question marks about Na/Li's ability to make it. She emerged waaaaaay later than pretty much every slam champion or top 5 player ever has. And her emergence was...well, what was it exactly? She never hit the top 10, never won a Tier I or II, never made the semifinal of a slam, only has one slam quarterfinal, only won multiple matches at a slam 8 times... that's a pretty paltry career for a 27 year old that people expect to be a top player. And that's why those of us who have kept our eyes open have been pretty sure she never will be a top player, because the signs just aren't there.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
She doesn't have a consistent weapon. Every top player of the past many, many years has a consistent weapon. Her serve and movement are good but not really noteworthy, neither one of her groundstrokes is reliable enough to lean on in a match... what is she going to do in a tight situation to get past the players she needs to?

The big thing in my mind is that she didn't develop properly. She hasn't played tennis competitively consistently in her entire life. Even when Venus and Serena boycotted the junior circuit, they had consistent hitting partners and training. It's unclear that Na/Li ever had that sort of consistency in her development.

Plus, there have always been question marks about Na/Li's ability to make it. She emerged waaaaaay later than pretty much every slam champion or top 5 player ever has. And her emergence was...well, what was it exactly? She never hit the top 10, never won a Tier I or II, never made the semifinal of a slam, only has one slam quarterfinal, only won multiple matches at a slam 8 times... that's a pretty paltry career for a 27 year old that people expect to be a top player. And that's why those of us who have kept our eyes open have been pretty sure she never will be a top player, because the signs just aren't there.
Hrmmm, when you said all the top players have had a weapon I was thrown, but then was corrected when you said top 5.....

I dont think anyone ever expected her to may the top 5, but her not ever making the top ten has always but odd to me.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts