Tennis Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
goldenlox said:
Much better than ESPN.
I wish they would stay on straight through, instead of that afternoon break.

I agree. I love the coverage, but i hate that afternoon break at 4 pm cst. I mean who would rather watch rerund Wlker Texas Rangers over Tennis. Aside from that its 150%% better than ESPN!!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I like Pam and Tracy, but we've seen Pam all year, and probably will see her the rest of the year.
Tracy is a nice change. :)
btw--Tracy really cracked me up during the coverage of Dani's match.

The only problem I have is that I noticed at 5, they go off the air at some matches, yet they will stick with others. I think it should be all or none.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I think it is great coverage:) I think it is so cool how Michael Barkann is finding the players around the courts and interviewing them. I also enjoy Tracy Austin a lot and I think she explains her opinions in a way we may not agree but at least understand. I still don't think ESPN was horrible but USA is 20 times better:)

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
moon said:
I like Pam and Tracy, but we've seen Pam all year, and probably will see her the rest of the year.
Tracy is a nice change. :)
btw--Tracy really cracked me up during the coverage of Dani's match.

The only problem I have is that I noticed at 5, they go off the air at some matches, yet they will stick with others. I think it should be all or none.
I'm with you on that moon......God forbid we would miss a moment of Andre or Andy, but you know there is no chance in hell they would stay around for a women's match.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
USA coverage is the best, I have been too busy at work so I haven't had a chance to watch much but what I have seen was good as compared to ESPN.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
For the most part, the coverage is better than ESPN. BTW, USA used to cover the French Open, but lost it to ESPN. I hope they get it back or Wimbeldon. Due to the time difference, they have zero chance of getting the AO.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Ray of Sunshine said:
Yes, but USA's coverage of Roland Garros wasn't the best.
What would you prefer? ESPN's coverage or USA's?

·
25,876 Posts
It's a LOT better than ESPN IMO.

Just wish they would shot Michael Barfo-cam. Is there ANY need to give us promos for TV shows by interviewing these so -called stars? And for god's sake if they do have to do it-why can't they wait BETWEEN matches and not at 5-5 in the third?

More 50-50 for the women would be better too. In a 5 set men's match a lot of air-time is just filler.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
I don't get cable in my new apt until tomorrow, so I can't comment! :sad: I am happy to read though that it is decent so far! hoooray!!! :bounce:

·
Banned
86 Posts
I wish they would have shown more of the Dokic-Pierce match... they showed very little of the tight 2nd set.

I know USA is pushing Srichaphan hard, which I encourage... and I know Dokic is slipping, and Mary is reaching the end of her career... but that's a high profile match between 2 former Top 5 players, and they both make pervs hard, that was very close in the 2nd and 3rd set.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I actually think they showed quite a bit of Mary & Jelena. They showed most of the first set, half of the 2nd set (the best half) and almost all of the last set. :D
They probably wouldn't have shown half that on espn. We probably would have been stuck watching Lleyton or Todd Martin.
And do you guys think we would have seen any of Myskina-SerraZanetti? hell no!

they're definitely doing a good job.
although I noticed they're sticking around again to cover a men's match ;)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts