Tennis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucie Ahl put up a brave fight but lost out to talented Argentinian Gisela Dulko 2-6 7-5 2-6 in the first round of qualifying for the US Open.

That marked the end of 13 hard years on the tour for Lucie, and I dont mind admitting that as her biggest fan, I had a few tears in my eyes as the match drew to a close and I wrote her the final e-mail she will recieve as a pro.

I know its silly but I really will miss her, even if she isn't of the calibur and fame of Aranxta or Hingis, she still meant alot to both myself and many others here on the board and the rest of the world.

Goodbye Lucie and God bless. May you be given the success in retirement you deserved as a player, but never quite achieved. Thanks for all the wonderful memories and displays of what true detrmination, fighting spirit and courage is.

:sad:

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
I loved watching her play against Ai at Wimbledon :sad:

I hope she has a great life outside of tennis !

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Lucie :sad: Hope you have a great retirement.

·
Registered
278 Posts
She played really well Paul...if that makes you feel any better...Gise was just more consistent today...

I have to add a lil thing about Gise...she is going no where...I dont see any improvement in her game...still lacking power and that serve...yuck :sad:

Lucie was very sweet at the end...you could tell that she really wanted to win the match :sad:

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Good luck to Lucie....

but this really makes me think. Lucie was kinda a pineer for our girls. She was the only one who would enter qualis on the WTA tour, something I dont see Bally or Anne doing, and now Anne is in the top 150 in the world it something I would like to see her do.

Also Lucie has a had a good year, especially a fantastic results at Doha and Dubai.

I hope she is successfull after tennis.

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lucie wants me to tank everyone on the board who supported her throughout her career.

"means alot to have people supporting, i actually played pretty well and enjoyed my match which is the main thing! fly back to england tonight
maybe you can now support one of my girls!!
have fun lucie"

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
:sad:

WE LOVE YOU LUCIE!!!

Im glad she enjoyed her swansong!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.