Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Court?

I take it Naomi Osaka who is physically strong African American like Serena Williams is the new Serena and Ashleigh Barty who is more about fineness than raw power is the next Margaret Court? Both players should be able to dominate the tour for the next 5 or 6 years. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Your post is strange. There are plenty of physically strong girls and ballbashers that aren't afro-american. Besides, to be honest, Barty looks more built to me than Naomi. As for Court, her area was not similar at all to tennis as it is now. Top girls then would have received bagels from girls in the low hundred in this area. I don't know why people always bring her up. Comparing Barty to Justine Henin would have made more sense.

But I must say that if we're comparing talent, Naomi has more imo and her best is far more impressive than Barty. If only, she could resolve her mental issues.

Reactions: dragonfiles

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Court?

I take it Naomi Osaka who is physically strong African American like Serena Williams is the new Serena and Ashleigh Barty who is more about fineness than raw power is the next Margaret Court? Both players should be able to dominate the tour for the next 5 or 6 years. Your thoughts?

Naomi is proudly Japanese and Hatian. She’s not African-American.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
They say ignorance is bliss so there must be a lot of very happy people on this board.

Naomi is Japanese/Haitian. She is not African-American she is Asian/Caribbean. Different cultural milieus.

As for the comparison between Barty, who is of indigenous Australian ancestry, and Court, who is certifiably racist...nobody.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
As for the comparison between Barty, who is of indigenous Australian ancestry, and Court, who is certifiably racist...nobody.
Whut? Like Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren?

Edit: Ah yeh. I see. 1/16.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
Margaret Court was the power player of her era.

Reactions: bobito

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
:SNE:

This is a joke thread? I don't get it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts