Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Anyone else think the ceremony was nothing special? All that hype, and the best thing about it was the incredible crowd reception (had me in tears). After that looong ovation, we had brief, pointless speeches by Paul, Jim, Boris, and John (I couldn't believe no one talked about his heart or his mental strength). Then Pete gave a speech more fitting of a winner's speech than a retirement speech. He was clearly moved and nervous, though, so I forgive him (plus, he's an incredible tennis player, not public speaker). When he made the comment about it being his last time on the court, it got my gut.

I must say - the baby is very cute :eek: I had not seen him until tonight...

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
pete, we'll miss you :kiss:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
irma said:
but what is boris jerk doing there?

that man is really attention sick :eek:
They brought some of his rivals to the ceremony.

McEnroe, Becker, Courier, and Anacone were there, along with Dick Enberg.

And they all made a little speech to him.

·
Registered
24,716 Posts
thanks people for the nice photos, damn it i could not watch the ceremony, i think i was slept :confused: , damn the time difference :mad:

but pete, i am so sad, i gonna miss you :sad:

·
Registered
24,716 Posts
but seems pete is so happy with his wife and babe, i feel better, thanks for the memories, pete :kiss: , you deserve the best coz you are the best :worship:

·
Registered
13,496 Posts
Thank you Pete for playing so many incredible matches and for being the greatest player ever. :worship:
I will miss you on the tour :sad:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.