Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at the moment she is leading daniilidou 6-1.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i agree Vegetable, i don't think justine is bad on any surface.

6-1 6-1 win over daniilidou is pretty convincing for someone who isn't meant to be one of the top players on US hardcourt over someone ranked in the top 25.

Reactions: Vegetable

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Gowza - Mary Pierce easily dispatched Eleni on grass...'nuff said.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why is it that people think justine isn't good on US hardcourt? justine because she hasn't got the results on as she has on other surfaces doesn't mean she's bad or not one fo the top players on this surface.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
daniilidou's best grand slam has been the oz open and she has reached the 3rd round at the US open in 2 attempts and that was her first attempt so daniilidou isn't bad on hardcourts either.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so you guys are saying justines 3 straight 4th rounds at the us open mean nothing?

·
Chionophile
40,186 Posts
Justine's not bad on hardcourt, it's just her game isn't too suited to hardcourt. Her creative shot making is more suited to the clay and grass where ball bounces vary. On hardcourts, players who hit hard and flat with very little spin do well.

So an average hardcourter can match and beat Justine as long as she's keeping her errors low and hitting hard into the corners.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
umm, justine beat davenport on hardcourt in australia. yes it is rebound ace at the oz open but that is hardcourt.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
No one is saying Henin isn't in the top 10 best hard court players, but she isn't the best. I watched Daniliidou get creamed by Pierce at Wimbledon, her serve sucked. If she served like that today she deserved to be beaten 6-0 6-0. Henin is still a fine player on hard courts, but not as strong as she is on clay or grass. But in saying that she should still make the final with Serena out and Capriati with a bung shoulder.

Just for interest sakes on hardcourt this is how I would rank them

1 Serena
2 Kim
3 Venus
4 Davenport
5 Mauresmo
6 Rubin
7 Capriati
8 henin

But Henin and Capriati could swap either way

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Vegetable said:
It's the same shitty argument some people use for some male players-- being great on clay means you can't be good on hard court. Whatever. It's bullshit in that context and it's the same when used for Henin.
Henin doesn't take the ball early enough on fast surfaces. She waits and moves back on her backhand like she is playing on a clay court. That doesn't fly on faster surfaces. Her backhand gets pounded into submission by the other top players. Hingis did a good job of taking balls very early to control rallies against the other top players.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Davenport, Serena and Hantuchova: quality hardcourters will take her out easily unless she comes up with something special.
I don't think Dani would beat Justine at the momet, Davenport woldn't take her out easily but if her serve held up for the whole match should win in 3 but Henin could take her down. Serena though if fit would take her out easily

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
No one is saying Henin isn't in the top 10 best hard court players, but she isn't the best. I watched Daniliidou get creamed by Pierce at Wimbledon, her serve sucked. If she served like that today she deserved to be beaten 6-0 6-0. Henin is still a fine player on hard courts, but not as strong as she is on clay or grass. But in saying that she should still make the final with Serena out and Capriati with a bung shoulder.

1 Serena
2 Kim
3 Venus
4 Davenport
5 Mauresmo
6 Rubin
7 Capriati
8 henin

That list is one of the funniest post I have read all day...HOLLER...ROTFLMBAO

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:

1 Serena
2 Kim
3 Venus
4 Davenport
5 Mauresmo
6 Rubin
7 Capriati
8 henin

Kim before Venus?? Now, that's a joke. :lol:

Pertaining to the topic, Daniilidou ='s slump. ;)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.