Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought kim going to withdraw for doubles?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Kim hasn't yet withdrawn...let's see what happens. I doubt she would want to play 1-2 more matches before her singles semifinal tomorrow. She did win easily today, though, so maybe she thinks she can do it??

·
Registered
750 Posts
I just cannot see it.....

She would have to play again tonight and than again tomorrow (maybe twice) before singles. That would be sooooo stupid.
kim needs to take care of singles. If she had lost tonight, I think she would have stuck with the doubles, but, of couse she won, so no more matches for kim before a semi against lindsay, if she has any sense at all.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
joaco - they are on the TBA list. Since Kim just finished, they have to give her rest before she would start...so we don't know if they are still on or not.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
I don't know if it's accurate, but Tracy Austin said on TV that the WTA is *not* putting Kim/Ai on court tonight for doubles.

But sometimes Tracy speaks from her arse. ;)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Cajun - where did you read that?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
The updated schedule on the USO site says it's a walkover for Musgrave/McShea. It's a shame, but I don't see what else Kim could have done really, given the cirumstances....7 matches in 3 days is just too much.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They had a legit chance to take three straight Slam doubles titles. I am sure Kim struggled with the decision, however, she really didn't have a choice if she wants a chance at the Singles title. Still a successful year in doubles!!

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
good decision by Kim

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Yeah, good decision, it's really unfortunate with all the weather. If the schedule had been normal, she would have had a good chance at the two titles... And Ai lost :sad:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Yeah, I am sure it was a good decision... this weather's too much...
too bad Ai lost.. now she's going home... :sad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts