Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still a big question mark if they are going to be played but since ITF will be using post RG rankings and by that time these rankings will be those of March 16 we can see who's in already.

Vondrousova, Konta and Azarenka biggest winners here.

·
Registered
15,610 Posts
Still a big question mark if they are going to be played but since ITF will be using post RG rankings and by that time these rankings will be those of March 16 we can see who's in already.

Vondrousova, Konta and Azarenka biggest winners here.
How are they going to include those rankings where tournaments did not finish (though I doubt many were affected cause most were suppose to be in Indian Wells), whatever round played?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I think the problem is that the Olympics itself, with all those athletes, coaches, physios, commentators, press, crowd, etc, descending on Tokyo would cause a huge public health problem in a country which has seen Coronavirus decline through the measures it has taken. All the Far East countries have to decide how far they risk re-establishing connections with parts of the world where the virus is now raging and allowing it to come back again after all they did to stop it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well, the Olympics are postponed so I guess all the players will be a year older meaning the likely hood of seeing Venus, even Serena playing in 2021 are even less. This is a sad state of affairs, even with the ranking frozen I doubt the USTA would make a 41 year old Venus to the team, but maybe as a doubles player. So sad for all players involved.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well, the Olympics are postponed so I guess all the players will be a year older meaning the likely hood of seeing Venus, even Serena playing in 2021 are even less. This is a sad state of affairs, even with the ranking frozen I doubt the USTA would make a 41 year old Venus to the team, but maybe as a doubles player.
I’m sticking with my prediction, given the hardships and dangers caused by this crisis. Both Venus and Serena retire from professional tennis this year (sooner rather than later), following the lead of one Maria Sharapova.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
I’m sticking with my prediction, given the hardships and dangers caused by this crisis. Both Venus and Serena retire from professional tennis this year (sooner rather than later), following the lead of one Maria Sharapova.
not happening

1 - 14 of 14 Posts