Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really seems that Nastya is getting a lot of crap on the board recently. Granted, she hasn't played well this tournament, but has played gutsy tennis, beating a tough and unpredictable Nagyova, and saved match points against Antonella. Today, she was able to get past MASL. Her serve is a liablity obviously, but what else is she doing wrong here?

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Myskina is perfect :D :kiss:

Reactions: brunof

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i don't think it is that she is bad period it's just that she's been playing bad most of the year and hasn't been consistent.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I just think it's a sad commentary when a top 10 player is barely known. I mean, I am an avid tennis fan and can't even think of what Myskina looks like. I don't even blame that on TV coverage because what has Anastasia done to merit getting put on TV??

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
jenglisbe said:
I just think it's a sad commentary when a top 10 player is barely known. I mean, I am an avid tennis fan and can't even think of what Myskina looks like. I don't even blame that on TV coverage because what has Anastasia done to merit getting put on TV??
Not a damn thing.

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
blah blah blah

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
For all the talk of the depth of women's tennis, there is real shortage of women who have done a lot. Kim, Justine, and Serena have probably won 75% (or more) of the big tournaments this year.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
myskina has won a few titles but no biggies. she did reach the quarter-finals at AO this year but apart from that she hasn't done much that should ha ve put her on tv.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
^ yeah, and shes not blonde either. if she was blonde, wed hear more about her.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
She is so bad that she is ranked number 10. Just says what a crap year she is having and how pathetic she is as a player. Guess all those who are ranked behind her may as well call it quits because there is no hope for them at all.

If you want to talk about what Myskina has done to warrant television coverge can you remind me what the big tournaments are that Ginepri won this year??

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
i swear, the reason we dont hear about her is cos shes a dark-haired.

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Myskina is a talented player but this year has been crap .

·
HAND SCRAPED
7,145 Posts
i think she's done quite well, better than some of the other players that we see hovering around the top ten during their best year on tour.

she's winning low tier titles & getting to low tier finals, won a tier 2 last year... she's doing "ok". Not your traditional top 10 standard tho.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Vicky - that is why I made the point about the depth in women's tennis. The top players win everything big so the rest of the players don't need to do much to make the rest of the ranks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Judging from her "the fucking bitch" comment to Maria Sanchez Lorenzo today, I would say she is bad bad bad. (What was that all about, anyway?)

I still like her though :p

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'll agree with you on the lack of depth on the women's tour. It is so predictable that no-one can really complain about the coverage given to the women's tour. I challenge anyone to come up with one womens match so far in the USO which has had anyone on the edge of their seat.

It is sad that the same few win it all and the rest scoop up the leftovers. I look at the rankings of some in the top 30 and think how they hell did they get ranked there ie. Stevenson, I can't even remember when she last won a match and she was top 32 before the USO.

jenglisbe said:
Vicky - that is why I made the point about the depth in women's tennis. The top players win everything big so the rest of the players don't need to do much to make the rest of the ranks

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Just want to say I am not attacking Stevenson for being ranked where she is, as she has earnt the points and deserves the ranking based on that, but the situation is quite sad.

·
Registered
19,358 Posts

1 - 20 of 48 Posts