Votes: 6 15.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave it a 5 out of 10.

Pros: Some great matches played... and there's DOKIC!! :bounce:
Cons: Some total blowout matches, a number of retirements (Azarenka and Jie especially :sad:), Ana and Daniela going out early (again).

Reactions: Sam L

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
4/10

Pros: Dokic Comeback... that's about it.

Cons: Sucky play overall, boring final, no drama, lots of retirements, and NO MARIA SHARAPOVA :(

·
Registered
15,657 Posts
Quality could have been better, but anytime my fave wins it will always get a 10 from me. Of course many will think it was horrible for the simple reason that Serena won it. But oh well. Too bad so sad. #10. Deal with it. :wavey:

Reactions: hankqq

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The only good thing was Serena winning and Dokic, even when Serena path was a joke, her opponents were so mentally weak.
Plus, no Maria, no number 1 in quarter finals, no Venus.

·
Premium Member
28,059 Posts
I really didnt enjoy it at all. No Maria, Venus losing early Maria K losing early and many of the top players going out early. As well as this the quality of tennis is not to the standard that we had seen in previous years. The only thing that kept it exciting for me was the comeback of Dokic.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
4 out of 10. I am a much bigger fan of Women's tennis but I enjoyed the mens tournament much more this year in Melbourne.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Terrible tournament. Totally boring final, the worst since RG 2005, extremely predictable from the quarters on, so many retirements, no high quality and exciting matches except maybe the Dokic and Safina matches in the 4th round and QFs, Jankovic, Venus and Ivanovic going out quite early, no Sharapova, really I don't remember a tournament going that badly for me in a while.... I really thought all 4 Grand Slams of last year were MUCH better than this one...

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,206 Posts
4/10

-No Sharapova
-Insane number of retirements
-Horrible Final
-Dokic fairytale story (the only good side)

·
Registered
16,039 Posts
PROS : Good first week with players like CSN, Dokic or Kleybanova playing quite well and causing some upsets.Some funny matches too.
CONS : Predictable second week, very boring end of the event, top players playing like shit etc...

5/10

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
3 for Dokic, Carla S.N and Aussie wild cards putting in decent efforts in their 1st rounds.

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Positive
Jelena Dokic comeback
Serena winning her 10th GS
Serena getting to no. 1

Negative:
No Defending champíon
No. 1 out in the 4th rd
Defending FO out in the 3th rd
Defending WI out in the 2th rd