51,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

More sneak peek photo for night view from the venue

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Curious what is to become of the venue post-Olympics.
The site looks WTA1000 worthy.
Ariake Coliseum (有明コロシアム, Ariake Koroshiamu) is an indoor sporting arena in Ariake Tennis Forest Park (有明テニスの森公園, Ariake Tenisu no Mori Kōen) located in Ariake, Kōtō, Tokyo, Japan. It has a capacity of 10,000 and is one of the few professional tennis venues which has a retractable roof.

The arena is used as the center court for the Japan Open and the Pan Pacific Open, held in Ariake Tennis Forest Park.

This venue will also host Road FC 24, instead of Ryogoku Kokugikan.

The venue will also host the tennis events for the 2020 Summer Olympics.

Reactions: RNW

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I will be on vacation so I hope they will show it in greece TV as my phone blocks many streaming servers. Courts look good .

·
Registered
16,996 Posts
KLM blue + indoors = ATP finals style

I expect the no crowd problem will be solved via lighting (even more of the spots on the tennis court alone, the rest of the arena pitch dark, like in a theatre

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Court colours are a bit like Melbourne. This is maybe an omen Pavly will get to the quarter finals win the title. :)

·
Registered
32,858 Posts
I expect the no crowd problem will be solved via lighting (even more of the spots on the tennis court alone, the rest of the arena pitch dark, like in a theatre
Most of the matches will be played during the day and with the roof open.

The old venue was a nice park full of trees. The venue will have lost its old charm but it indeed screams WTA 1000. I wonder if the WTA regret going all in on Wuhan just before Li retired as Osaka has been reaching the final in Tokyo since 2016.

·
Registered
226 Posts
This is where they play the WTA event. It was renovated for the Olympics. It was a 1000 for many years before being downgraded to 500 for the amazing Wuhan tournament.
Still Wuhan is not that bad as Tokyo still exists. But what they did to Miami when they moved it is total s…

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Gorgeous :love: Like some posters have said I wish with Naomi's popularity, Tokyo would be upgraded to 1000 event :(

·
Registered
116,516 Posts
One of the few times in 2 years that Barty and Osaka are healthy and in the same draw
Djokovic going for a golden calendar grand slam
An Olympics with no crowds. Why havent more people in Japan been vaccinated?
Wimbledon had big crowds, US has big crowds for every sport

Reactions: calipolo

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
All I need is the Court Speed, please not Singapore swamp.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts