Tennis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think this us open is so disappointing. first, the williams sisters and monica withdrew. then, slump queens (daniela, dokic, chanda) continue their slumps. some did show glimpses of fine form (mary, myskina) but still sizzled out later. then, there are the chokers who still cannot get their choking habit cured (jennifer, kim). and my favourite number one got through a tough draw, only to be beaten by her country woman once again. :sad: wat do you think? do you think this tournament is a disappointment? i've expected players to step up their level in grand slams but sadly, this wasn't the case for us open 2003. a major disappointment...

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
i think if dokic finished mary.p off and got thru to meet henin the quarters then it wouldve been alot more interesting... knew mary wouldnt keep it up

also chanda wasted such a good draw and couldve easily gotten far...knew vento wouldnt get much further

even if dani got past tammy she wouldve got nailed by momo IMO

im disappointed in lindsay in her semi! couldve made the event much more interesting if lindsay played better seeing it was the semis...lucky jen-henin provided us with a great semi

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
iwas dissapointed that capriati didn't win the tournament imo her match with justine was the only good match in the whole tournament. but apart from that i was dissapointed that sharapova lost 2nd round i would have liked to see her and capriati play and i was dissapointed that the capriati/dementieva match wasn't all that great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.