21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
What a day! 2 Croats so far into round 3 :cheer:

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
:spit: Ivana Lisjak was in 3rd of RG, would never guess it, would rather say that Sanda Mamic was :rolls:
btw, I share birthday with Jelena Kostanić-Tosić :ras:

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Can anybody please explain what the deal is with Ajla coming to play for Australia? I'm Australian but I don't really get why she's doing it or when it's gonna be official. Also, sorry for you guys :-\ it probably feels really unfair :(

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Can anybody please explain what the deal is with Ajla coming to play for Australia? I'm Australian but I don't really get why she's doing it or when it's gonna be official. Also, sorry for you guys :-\ it probably feels really unfair :(
Ajla Kyrgios to be :p

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Uughhh...:-\

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
She got a chance for better support from the national federation if she'd switch to AUS, that is, support of financial and other kind, so she made the move. The fact that not long ago she was coached by an Aussie might've had something to do with it, as well as dating one right now, but I don't think those are primary reasons of course.

At first it felt a bit odd, because most people here are quite patriotic, but when you think about it, we all make steps in life that make it easier for us to reach our goals, and many of us would've probably done the same. Besides, she was never known to take a lot of pride in playing under the CRO flag in the first place, never really made it a statement in interviews and such. And her not being on the best of terms with the Croatian federation might have something to do with it - she mentioned in some of the interviews, that she expected to get more help and support from the national federation while she was growing up as a player.

Anyway, the whole process should be completed around the middle of next year, as Ajla said herself recently in an interview.

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Updated for 2016, not much to remember except for Ana's run at the USO.

This and some other insnances where she made a win also pushed her among those of our players who've made it pass the 1st round of a slam more than 5 times over the course of a career, and in that group she now has better score than Talaja and Martic, she is only behind Sprem there.

Lucic has now made it to R2 or beyond on a total of 18 oocasions and is the top Cro player by that stat.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Updated for 2016, not much to remember except for Ana's run at the USO.

This and some other insnances where she made a win also pushed her among those of our players who've made it pass the 1st round of a slam more than 5 times over the course of a career, and in that group she now has better score than Talaja and Martic, she is only behind Sprem there.

Lucic has now made it to R2 or beyond on a total of 18 oocasions and is the top Cro player by that stat.
Konjuh made it to the QF at the US OPEN!!

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Updated with the results from 2017, the best year since '97 in terms of what I call "score for the year".

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I've devised a new system today for score of the year, cause there were too many flaws in the previous. Basically the previous one was only reflecting the total number of participants, so 7 R1 appearances would amount to the same as winning a major, which makes absolutely no sense.

To make things reflect actual results better, I came up with, maybe not perfect but, a better way to value results, and that is by giving points based on rounds reached in the following manner: R1=1, R2=2, R3=5, R4=10, QF=20, SF=30, F=40, W=50.

I'm sure networthy will have a blast with analysis and comparisons >:)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts