Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we gathered for the days play, a few of us were discussing the Ladies singles, when along came Richard Williams.
At first we thought we were incorrect and, that it was somebody other than he but, it was Richard.
He asked us ‘Are you guys enjoying the tennis?’
‘Very much so’ everyone agreed
He smiled and asked ‘Who are you cheering for?’
‘Henman’ was the overall accord.
‘And Serena’ a voice called out.
He beamed a colossal smile.
Then amidst the tumult around him, a fan called out, ‘Venus was robbed’. We all awaited his reply and, this is it.

‘I feel so apologetic for Karolina Sprem. She is being made the fall-girl for the umpiring cock-up that was made. True she was fortunate, when erroneously awarded an extra point during the second set tie-break, as she claimed the scalp of Venus.’
‘What has followed is nothing less than a witch hunt against this young lady. I just wish some fans were as gracious and cordial in defeat as was Venus.’
‘Those detractors against her should have visibly seen that, she didn’t know what to do, she was bewildered, it was a really big moment for her.’

There was total hush. We all looked at one and other. Then the was applause. The humility of this person is truly admirable many thought. Richard then said he must go get ready for Serena’s triumph, and took a photograph of everybody on the hill as a souvenir. As he bounded down the hill, a call echoed around us ‘Go Capriati’, he just waved and laughed and he made his way to Centre Court.

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Eugene Johnson said:
As we gathered for the days play, a few of us were discussing the Ladies singles, when along came Richard Williams.
At first we thought we were incorrect and, that it was somebody other than he but, it was Richard.
He asked us ‘Are you guys enjoying the tennis?’
‘Very much so’ everyone agreed
He smiled and asked ‘Who are you cheering for?’
‘Henman’ was the overall accord.
‘And Serena’ a voice called out.
He beamed a colossal smile.
Then amidst the tumult around him, a fan called out, ‘Venus was robbed’. We all awaited his reply and, this is it.

‘I feel so apologetic for Karolina Sprem. She is being made the fall-girl for the umpiring cock-up that was made. True she was fortunate, when erroneously awarded an extra point during the second set tie-break, as she claimed the scalp of Venus.’
‘What has followed is nothing less than a witch hunt against this young lady. I just wish some fans were as gracious and cordial in defeat as was Venus.’
‘Those detractors against her should have visibly seen that, she didn’t know what to do, she was bewildered, it was a really big moment for her.’

There was total hush. We all looked at one and other. Then the was applause. The humility of this person is truly admirable many thought. Richard then said he must go get ready for Serena’s triumph, and took a photograph of everybody on the hill as a souvenir. As he bounded down the hill, a call echoed around us ‘Go Capriati’, he just waved and laughed and he made his way to Centre Court.
Come on, is that really true??? :)

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
No. Open mouth, insert hook (with little or no English language bait), reel...

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
DeDe4925 said:
He said much the same thing on TV when they interviewed him after Venus' 2nd round loss. I saw the TV interview. I have no idea if the scene described is true or not, but on TV, he said the chair umpire made a human error, we all make mistakes, that the call was NOT the determining factor, and that both players looked a little confused at that point.

So what's being told here IS consistent with what we all saw on TV.

Look, Richard Williams doesn't react to ANYTHING the way normal people would. ANd I'm a fan of the guy.

When people asked him if Venus should focus more on tennis after this loss, he said he was glad his daughters had outside interests, and that any parent would be happy with that.

Richard's Richard. You get what you get.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
DeDe4925 said:
Yes it’s true, and I was fortunate enough to have made love to Iroda Tulyaganova this afternoon (while on Henman Hill) :drool:

Check out Eugene's other 2 posts ;)

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Volcana said:
He said much the same thing on TV when they interviewed him after Venus' 2nd round loss. I saw the TV interview. I have no idea if the scene described is true or not, but on TV, he said the chair umpire made a human error, we all make mistakes, that the call was NOT the determining factor, and that both players looked a little confused at that point.

So what's being told here IS consistent with what we all saw on TV.

Look, Richard Williams doesn't react to ANYTHING the way normal people would. ANd I'm a fan of the guy.

When people asked him if Venus should focus more on tennis after this loss, he said he was glad his daughters had outside interests, and that any parent would be happy with that.

Richard's Richard. You get what you get.
Oh, I don't doubt that Richard said that. He says what he feels, whether anyone likes it or not, and he tells the truth when it comes to his daughters. Venus clearly could have beaten Sprem with or without that one point and Richard can be very critical of his daughters' play, especially since he knows what they can do. My question was about the whole incident. :lol:

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Is this the same chick that fell asleep and got carried out of the Venus/Sprem match kicking and screaming?

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
DeDe4925 said:
My question was about the whole incident. :lol:
Who the hell knows? But if its a fake, they made a good job of writing it like Richard.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,893 Posts
Volcana said:
Who the hell knows? But if its a fake, they made a good job of writing it like Richard.
Haha, I think so too! It sounded just like something Richard would do and if some of these people had ever encountered Richard at a tournament they would know that as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cam'ron Giles said:
Is this the same chick that fell asleep and got carried out of the Venus/Sprem match kicking and screaming?
Not only that, but the one that had a long conversation with Monica Seles the next day too! ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts