Feb 14..Dubai Tennis Championships (Dubai, UAE).....Premier, $2,050,000
Feb 21..Qatar Ladies Open 2011 (Doha, Qatar).....Premier, $721,000
Feb 28..free week

Reactions: AndreConrad

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
.:Sisters' schedule:. (last update - 17 X)

Urszula's 2011 plans:

Jan 17..Australian Open (Melbourne, Australia).....Grand Slam, $TBC
Feb 2....Fed Cup (Eilat, Israel)
Feb 7....PTT Pattaya Open (Pattaya City, Thailand).....International, $220,000
Feb 14..<no info now>
Feb 21..<no info now>
Feb 28..<no info now>

Reactions: AndreConrad

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: .:Sisters' schedule:. (updated until RG)

^^corrected, thanks ;)

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I hope that this thread will be useful :)
It'd be helpful if you could post all the information about sister' schedule here ;)

·
Registered
4,654 Posts

Thanks Agata for making this thread :wavey:

·
Registered
413 Posts

She should have free last week before RG, if she plans to make big result there.
I have the same feeling, but maybe she will be strong enough to get all these events :D

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Take into consideration that it would be strange for Aga not to play in the only WTA tournament which takes place in her homeland especially seeing such weak entry list there (=potentially easy points to grab). Maybe she should rather withdraw from Rome- I don't know personally, but I do believe that her team knows the best where she should play :)

Thanks Agata for making this thread :wavey:
You're welcome :hatoff:

·
Registered
413 Posts

Take into consideration that it would be strange for Aga not to play in the only WTA tournament which takes place in her homeland especially seeing such weak entry list there (=potentially easy points to grab). Maybe she should rather withdraw from Rome- I don't know personally, but I do believe that her team knows the best where she should play :)
yes but consider that rome belongs to premiere V events, she lost to ula in dubai and now has 1 point that belongs to her 16 best results, she needs as soon as possible get some points in premiere V, ofkors if she wont be in top10 after june, it doesn't matter anyway

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

yes but consider that rome belongs to premiere V events, she lost to ula in dubai and now has 1 point that belongs to her 16 best results, she needs as soon as possible get some points in premiere V, ofkors if she wont be in top10 after june, it doesn't matter anyway
Could you explain to me what are the rules regarding the Premier 5 tournaments? I still don't get all of them ;) I thought that Top10 players have to just play in 4 out of 5 these events or sth like this + play at least once every two years in every of them, but I also thought that they don't need to achieve any particular results in them like in the mandatory tournaments :shrug:

·
Registered
9,133 Posts

^^ yes, she has to play 4 of 5 and 2 best results are counted for her ranking.
So at the moment points from Dubai and Rome (1 and 0 if she skips it) will be counted.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

^^ok, thanks :)

·
lalala
786 Posts

I'd really like to see her in Warsaw, especially because there won't be many other big names :rolleyes: So she could skip Stuttgart.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts

^^ yes, she has to play 4 of 5 and 2 best results are counted for her ranking.
So at the moment points from Dubai and Rome (1 and 0 if she skips it) will be counted.
No, if she wouldn't play Rome then the points from it would not count towards her ranking. However, if she played it and got a first round exit again, she'd get two 1-pointers in her ranking until next Premier 5 tournament.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts

No, if she wouldn't play Rome then the points from it would not count towards her ranking. However, if she played it and got a first round exit again, she'd get two 1-pointers in her ranking until next Premier 5 tournament.
Oh I didn't know that (thought it counts more less like mandatory events). Thanks for correcting :)

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

how can you say she should skip warsaw? it's the only tennis tourney we have in Poland. in addition they gave her the opportunity to make a leap frog in the rankings three years ago with a WC so she OWES them and needs to help tennis get some popularity in Poland. her skipping Warsaw is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Update:

Ula is not on the entry list of Madrid's qualifying (May 9), so her next tournament after Fed Cup will be Warsaw.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts