Tennis Forum banner
661 - 680 of 689 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Well Linda is in the QF of the Wimbledon juniors now, so she has lived up to her 8th seed. The question is, can she go further? It is way to soon to think of her as a consistent winner on the WTA tour. She has a long way to go…..

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
She's into SFs, beat Mara Guth 6-3 6-2, it could have been even easier, but she couldn't serve out both sets. She really needs to work on serve, but especially 2nd, she won like 20% on second serves lol Ane Mintegi del Olmo is next who's having a great weak, she beat 2nd set Eala in R2.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
She's into SFs, beat Mara Guth 6-3 6-2, it could have been even easier, but she couldn't serve out both sets. She really needs to work on serve, but especially 2nd, she won like 20% on second serves lol Ane Mintegi del Olmo is next who's having a great weak, she beat 2nd set Eala in R2.
First match of the day on Court 12.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
So the girl with the biggest agency and the most hype lose to the little unkown girl with no single support and no agency and no prof team arround her

That is Justice :sneaky:

·
Registered
Ksenia Efremova
671 Posts
So the girl with the biggest agency and the most hype lose to the little unkown girl with no single support and no agency and no prof team arround her

That is Justice :sneaky:
I don t know why are you even posting to this thread. It doesn t look like you are big fan of Linda and Brenda.. and you look satisfied when they losing their matches.. what hype are you talking about? and she is under biggest agency because of her talent - it s the same with Brenda and Ksenia..

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I don t know why are you even posting to this thread. It doesn t look like you are big fan of Linda and Brenda.. and you look satisfied when they losing their matches.. what hype are you talking about? and she is under biggest agency because of her talent - it s the same with Brenda and Ksenia..
This thread shows up in my stats so then I react

The hype is not justified , the girl is rankend 360 but she has the biggest agency already

Serious Why ??

She is 16 but she has nothing done in her junior career to deserve all the WCs and the big agency

So explain why she has all that privileges

·
Registered
Ksenia Efremova
671 Posts
This thread shows up in my stats so then I react

The hype is not justified , the girl is rankend 360 but she has the biggest agency already

Serious Why ??

She is 16 but she has nothing done in her junior career to deserve all the WCs and the big agency

So explain why she has all that privileges
Do you know Ksenia is 12 years old and she is under biggest agency too? :D

I honestly don t know what exactly are requirements to become client of IMG tennis.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Junior Wimbledon SF: Ane Mintegi Del Olmo from Spain defeated Linda 6-3 7-5. Great match, enjoyable to watch. Linda lost the match, but I liked how she played in this match. Sometimes she focuses too much on her consistency. She is trying to play like her little sister Brenda used to play, two years ago. She is super consistent, that's a good thing, but she needs to play her aggressive tennis and today she was playing quite aggressively. Still, it was not aggressive enough to win the match.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Our giraffe Linda. The tallest and youngest girl. The future of tennis :)

Linda Noskova on the left, Agata Cerna in the middle. Agata used to be better than Barbora Palicova, Linda Klimovicova, Dominika Salkova and so on. She is not better now. I'm sad for Agata, I liked her too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here’s the problem. Outside of a relatively small and poor part of the world, no one can even pronounce the last name. Just look at Pliskova. She’s at the top of the game, but casual fans have no clue who she is. If these girls really want to have fans, the best move these girls can make is to take US, UK or Australian citizenship.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Little Brenda received a WC to JA Milan (Trofeo Bonfiglio), but the draw was quite unlucky for her. After a long time (4 years) she faced Alexandra Eala. Alexandra got her revenge and defeated Brenda 6-1 6-2. The previous match Brenda won in three sets. Despite winning in Pilsen I don't think that she is in her top form. The good thing is that she is playing tournaments again.

Linda is facing Lola Radivojevic. In R2 she may face Mirra Andreeva.

Linda and Brenda won in doubles R1. Linda & Brenda defeated Virginia Ferrara & Georgia Pedone 6-1 5-7 10-6. Interesting match next against Sofia Costoulas & Lucija Ciric Bagaric. I don't think that Sofia ever won a set against Linda Fruhvirtova. If I remember correctly, She played against Brenda too. In the European Summer Cup U12 Final she won in three sets, but in the deciding doubles match Brenda played again and Czech Republic won :)

Kristyna Tomajkova on the right, Lucie Havlickova in the middle. Still good prospects I think.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Brenda has been going through a difficult phase for sure since last autumn. Seemed like Pilsen might have been the end of it but not quite. Most players go through one after a strong debut, so hopefully it will be similar for her, maybe success in doubles with Linda will help her (1st round wasn't really convincing though). What I like is that even though she can already play pro ITFs, her team doesn't let her, which is a smart choice, I believe. She could try 15k's when she reaches Top 30 in juniors. I wonder why she's not playing Euro championships U14 next week.
As for Linda - she seems desperate for junior success - playing 3rd week in a row singles and doubles (and scheduled for next week Euro championships as well) - I think it's too much for her. This might have already impacted her Wimbledon results and even young Andreeva might turn out to be a difficult opponent after so many matches. And if she goes far after all, can't see her doing well in Klosters then...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Brenda has been going through a difficult phase for sure since last autumn. Seemed like Pilsen might have been the end of it but not quite. Most players go through one after a strong debut, so hopefully it will be similar for her, maybe success in doubles with Linda will help her (1st round wasn't really convincing though). What I like is that even though she can already play pro ITFs, her team doesn't let her, which is a smart choice, I believe. She could try 15k's when she reaches Top 30 in juniors. I wonder why she's not playing Euro championships U14 next week.
As for Linda - she seems desperate for junior success - playing 3rd week in a row singles and doubles (and scheduled for next week Euro championships as well) - I think it's too much for her. This might have already impacted her Wimbledon results and even young Andreeva might turn out to be a difficult opponent after so many matches. And if she goes far after all, can't see her doing well in Klosters then...
There is no reason for it. Playing European Championships U14 would be a big step back for her. Brenda was winning B-level U14 tournaments in the Czech Republic when she was 9 years old. She completely skipped U12 category of Czech tournaments. I have never seen something like this before. She won U14 Tennis Europe Super Category tournament in Sweden when she was 11 years old and Les Petits As (the best U14 tournament in the World) when she was 12. She also won Eddie Herr U12 and U14, European Winter Cup, European Summer Cup, Open Super 12 Auray (the best U12 tournament in the World), World Junior Tennis Finals and so on. And she was not playing in her age group, but most of the time one category up. She has played against a player of her age only a few times. No other player was able to do that in the last 10 or 15 years and win so many big tournaments. She is the best by far. Since last autumn her results were not that great. I don't know the reason. Health issues are a good guess.

Linda defeated Lola Radivojevic 6-4 6-3 and she will face Mirra Andreeva, a big talent from Russia. Interesting fact: It's her first meeting with Fruhvirtova. Brenda and Mirra are the same age, but Mirra will face the older sister first. She had basically no chance to meet Brenda. When Mirra was playing U12 tournaments, Brenda was playing U14 tournaments (one category up).

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Well, that was a disappointing tournament for both :( Linda was upset by 14 yo Mirra Andreeva. The next tournament for Linda will be U-18 European Championships and for Brenda J3 in Poznań, Poland! I would like to see her but I'm already going to Gdynia for the WTA event, so I won't have a chance to travel again. It's pretty surprising she didn't choose to play in Prague J3 in the same week.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, that was a disappointing tournament for both :( Linda was upset by 14 yo Mirra Andreeva. The next tournament for Linda will be U-18 European Championships and for Brenda J3 in Poznań, Poland! I would like to see her but I'm already going to Gdynia for the WTA event, so I won't have a chance to travel again. It's pretty surprising she didn't choose to play in Prague J3 in the same week.
Yes, that's really disappointing. Linda lost to Erika several times (at least twice) and now she also lost to her younger sister. It's better to avoid Andreeva, Erika and Mirra. Not a good match up.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
There is no reason for it. Playing European Championships U14 would be a big step back for her. Brenda was winning B-level U14 tournaments in the Czech Republic when she was 9 years old. She completely skipped U12 category of Czech tournaments. I have never seen something like this before. She won U14 Tennis Europe Super Category tournament in Sweden when she was 11 years old and Les Petits As (the best U14 tournament in the World) when she was 12. She also won Eddie Herr U12 and U14, European Winter Cup, European Summer Cup, Open Super 12 Auray (the best U12 tournament in the World), World Junior Tennis Finals and so on. And she was not playing in her age group, but most of the time one category up. She has played against a player of her age only a few times. No other player was able to do that in the last 10 or 15 years and win so many big tournaments. She is the best by far. Since last autumn her results were not that great. I don't know the reason. Health issues are a good guess.
That's dangerous thinking. She might have been way above everyone her age at some point (basically during pre-pandemic era) but that's not so unique - ask Larcher de Brito or Shishkina. And look where they are now. Brenda is no longer so much better than other 2007 girls. I don't think it would hurt her to play and honestly at this time she probably isn't even the best 2007 player anymore (that's Andreeva), maybe not even best Czech from 2007 (Valentova beat her last year and now has very good results but doesn't play much). U14 is being played in Czech, this could be a good experience for her, while it is also possible that not winning could hurt her confidence even more.

As for Linda - seems overplaying caught up with her. Hopefully she will have a rest and get ready for Klosters.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That's dangerous thinking. She might have been way above everyone her age at some point (basically during pre-pandemic era) but that's not so unique - ask Larcher de Brito or Shishkina. And look where they are now. Brenda is no longer so much better than other 2007 girls. I don't think it would hurt her to play and honestly at this time she probably isn't even the best 2007 player anymore (that's Andreeva), maybe not even best Czech from 2007 (Valentova beat her last year and now has very good results but doesn't play much). U14 is being played in Czech, this could be a good experience for her, while it is also possible that not winning could hurt her confidence even more.
Nothing proves that Mirra Andreeva is better and I am open minded enough to acknowledge that. You can only compare their results and the results prove that Brenda is much better. BTW Tereza Valentova is the youngest player who ever defeated Brenda and it was basically only a training match "Barvy pro budoucnost". I saw that match and Brenda was awful the whole match. Next day she played against Barbora Palicova and she lost first set 0-6, but then she started playing well. Flashes of new and more aggressive Brenda. The third set was excellent quality from both. Aggressive tennis, good defense and nice winners. Palicova herself is a very aggressive player. After this match (and despite the defeat to Valentova and Palicova) I was happy. Pretty much debacle with Valentova then very bad start against Palicova, but the second and third set against Palicova were epic. New and more aggressive Brenda appeared. Brenda used to be a very consistent player from the baseline, not as aggressive as her sister Linda. It seems that their style of play is changing in opposite directions. Linda is less aggressive than in the past and Brenda much more aggressive. This Fruhvirtova family is truly special. Jaromir Jagr level of training regime. 100% commitment to tennis. "Tennis is our life" :D

As for Linda - seems overplaying caught up with her. Hopefully she will have a rest and get ready for Klosters.
Yes, and also change from grass to clay, from dusk till dawn training, training by overplaying. This is Jarmila Kratochvilova level of training, but without doping of course. So don't worry, this is all part of the plan :)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Nothing proves that Mirra Andreeva is better and I am open minded enough to acknowledge that. You can only compare their results and the results prove that Brenda is much better. BTW Tereza Valentova is the youngest player who ever defeated Brenda and it was basically only a training match "Barvy pro budoucnost". I saw that match and Brenda was awful the whole match. Next day she played against Barbora Palicova and she lost first set 0-6, but then she started playing well. Flashes of new and more aggressive Brenda. The third set was excellent quality from both. Aggressive tennis, good defense and nice winners. Palicova herself is a very aggressive player. After this match (and despite the defeat to Valentova and Palicova) I was happy. Pretty much debacle with Valentova then very bad start against Palicova, but the second and third set against Palicova were epic. New and more aggressive Brenda appeared. Brenda used to be a very consistent player from the baseline, not as aggressive as her sister Linda. It seems that their style of play is changing in opposite directions. Linda is less aggressive than in the past and Brenda much more aggressive. This Fruhvirtova family is truly special. Jaromir Jagr level of training regime. 100% commitment to tennis. "Tennis is our life" :D

Yes, and also change from grass to clay, from dusk till dawn training, training by overplaying. This is Jarmila Kratochvilova level of training, but without doping of course. So don't worry, this is all part of the plan :)
Well, if we talk about 2021 - Andreeva is having better results, beating better players (after easily beating Linda, she now lost only 2 games in 3rd round against another Top 100 player) and will most probably surpass Brenda in the rankings next week.
I'm not saying she has a higher potential but while she's on a roll, Brenda is struggling, which I believe is a mental thing as I have seen it with many players at a similar stage of their careers over last years. I kinda feel that the Mouratoglou exhibition last year hurt her, as she probably felt she's already at WTA level thanks to competitive match with Cornet, but back to reality - she has to play juniors and slowly build her ranking there, before she can even start pro ITFs and then only go to WTA.

661 - 680 of 689 Posts