Tennis Forum banner

541 - 560 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Oh ok will she be senior next year? I have found her birthday now. She is 16 in may and nr 800 on the WTA ranking and nr 8 on the junior ranking. Is her lil sis the more talented one ?

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congrats to Linda for amazing tournament and great fighting. Qinwen was too strong for her today. She needs more tournaments like this to get more experience and get better :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Any news about Brenda? Doesn't seem to be on any entry lists...
No news, but I would not worry about entry lists. She can play whatever junior tournament she wants except junior Grand Slams. She got a wc everywhere so far. She even received a wc for junior French Open last year which is unbelievable. You have basically zero chance to get a wc for a Grand Slam if you are from a small country like Czech Republic, yet she got one last year. She also got a wc for Les Petits As, two times! Thanks to Mouratoglou probably. So she doesn't need to be on an entry list to play a junior tournament. With a wc she can play anywhere anytime.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No news, but I would not worry about entry lists. She can play whatever junior tournament she wants except junior Grand Slams. She got a wc everywhere so far. She even received a wc for junior French Open last year which is unbelievable. You have basically zero chance to get a wc for a Grand Slam if you are from a small country like Czech Republic, yet she got one last year. She also got a wc for Les Petits As, two times! Thanks to Mouratoglou probably. So she doesn't need to be on an entry list to play a junior tournament. With a wc she can play anywhere anytime.
Brenda is ranked 200th in the junior ranking, she no longer needs wild cards to play most tournaments

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Thanks guys, but I was asking about Brenda's junior plans. Let's not get overexcited with the amount of WCs she can get - last year's RG was thanks to winning Les Petits As (as with Eala the year before).
I don't think pandemic is doing her any good - I believe it would be better for her to establish herself well into Top 50 juniors first but with limited number of tournaments it might be difficult in the next few months.
I just hope she won't be too rushed into pro tournaments - as she can play them after April 2nd (not March).

541 - 560 of 563 Posts