Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I鈥檒l call it Pain D鈥橢xpress. 馃馃崺馃エ馃
Also, French pancakes give me the crepes. :lick:

Better start this with a smile and 0 pretense!

New week, new tournament, new start. This should be PaMou's turf, let's hope they gonna do better than what they did so far together. No expectations is always good to enter on a GS with Simona.
In bocca al lupo! Forza! 馃憡

Lip Arm Sunglasses Human body Neck

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top Women seeds who won French Open since 2000:
2007: Justine Henin
2013: Serena Williams
2015: Serena Williams
2018: Simona Halep

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Players鈥 Voice with Simona Halep: 鈥淚 found the love for this sport again鈥

In the latest edition of Players鈥 Voice, the 2018 Roland-Garros winner from Romania shares her delight at finally being in good health after a delicate year in 2021. Happy on court again, the 30-year-old has also started a new collaboration with Patrick Mouratoglou. And I hope that this new dynamic will allow her to do well in Paris in the coming days.
鈥淚 feel 鈥榥ew鈥, I feel more confident and above all much healthier. Finally! I have no more problems, no more serious injuries. I am very happy to be back on the court and I look forward to playing every day.鈥 鈥. I play because I really want to keep improving.
Roland-Garros is my favorite tournament and I always feel good when I go there. It鈥檚 going to be a little different because last year I couldn鈥檛 go, so we鈥檒l see. I need more time to regain confidence, and above all to play games. So I hope I can continue to find a way before I go and enjoy it. For me, it is the best tournament.

I will always have great memories of my title at Roland-Garros in 2018. It was my first Grand Slam and I always dreamed of winning Roland-Garros. It was a nice atmosphere: many fans supported me and I felt good. I will never forget this moment.
If I win again, it will always be very special because every time you win a Grand Slam, it is very special. I鈥檓 30 now, so I don鈥檛 put any pressure on myself. I work hard because I dream of doing it again. We鈥檒l see if that will happen.
Before visiting the Mouratoglou Tennis Academy and announcing my association with Patrick, I had never met him. We had never spoken and we had never had a connection. The first was at the Academy, when I got there.

I had a very different perception of him before we started collaborating. He was very surprised. I really like his personality, his energy and his way of seeing tennis. In fact, I was the one who approached Patrick to ask him to work with him. Normally, good coaches don鈥檛 ask players to work with them. I asked him if he was available and if he wanted to train me.

He and Darren Cahill, my old coach, are different and I don鈥檛 want to compare them. I鈥檓 also a different person now so it鈥檚 hard to compare, but they鈥檙e both great.
Of course, I was able to note specific things that Patrick did with Serena that impressed me. To be able to keep a player motivated, who had already won many Grand Slam tournaments and wanted to win more, is just amazing. I鈥檝e always admired him for that. Now, as I get to know him better, I imagine what he was like with a player like that and the motivation he gave him from her to help her reach her best level.
Patrick brought me a lot of determination and helped me find my love for this sport. It鈥檚 a pleasure to be back on the court and working hard. Everything has changed and now I have to adapt, but I feel like I鈥檝e done pretty well so far. I can鈥檛 wait to give my best every time I鈥檓 on the pitch and see how well I can keep playing.
What are we working on and what should we focus our efforts on? We think I can be more aggressive. He really believes I can do it, and little by little, I鈥檓 beginning to believe him too. We鈥檙e looking at that aspect, but we鈥檙e also working on my whole game, not just one specific thing in particular. Everything has to fall into place gradually and I try to follow the plan.
Joining Patrick means meeting a new team and working at a new training camp in the south of France. It鈥檚 a big change for me because I don鈥檛 train at home anymore. I always used to train at home in Romania. I鈥檓 only in France for tennis. At first it wasn鈥檛 easy, but now it鈥檚 quite natural and I feel good. Everyone has been very nice to me, so I feel at home there.

Of course, I was surprised to hear of Ash Barty鈥檚 retirement because she was the best player in the world and she was winning everything. I don鈥檛 want to compare career and retirement plans in general because we have different lives from each other. She accomplished more than I had at his age, so I can鈥檛 compare.
I didn鈥檛 expect her to retire, but now that she has, it means she鈥檚 clearly happy with her decision. Wish you all the best. She was so strong to make this decision so quickly. Everyone has to decide for themselves and I understand that.
I always said that if I felt I couldn鈥檛 play at the highest level anymore, I would quit. I don鈥檛 want to play if I can鈥檛 believe in myself and my abilities. If you really don鈥檛 believe it, there鈥檚 no point in continuing. Now meeting Patrick and this new team has given me a new confidence. They really believe that I can still play good tennis, so the goal is to win tournaments and be as strong as possible. I will do my best to achieve this. I鈥檓 ready and I鈥檓 all in. As for the years I have left, it is a day-to-day vision. I don鈥檛 want to set a single goal. The goal is to improve every day, all the time.鈥

Original HERE

Registered
The fact that Simona Halep is stupid enough to think that Serena's success can be attributed to Patrick Mouratoglou's Tennis 101 coaching is really sad. When she loses at Roland Garros, she will eventually learn that the reason why Serena won so many Grand Slams in her 30s is because she is Serena Williams, not because Patrick was telling her to "serve with a WHOOSH, BANG, and POP."

Patrick is basic.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fact that Simona Halep is stupid enough to think that Serena's success can be attributed to Patrick Mouratoglou's Tennis 101 coaching is really sad. When she loses at Roland Garros, she will eventually learn that the reason why Serena won so many Grand Slams in her 30s is because she is Serena Williams, not because Patrick was telling her to "serve with a WHOOSH, BANG, and POP."

Patrick is basic.
Entitled to your opinion... But is just that, only your opinion. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts