Tennis Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
How did you know he wasn't upset? He got sacked from a player who won a GS with him. How is it not disappointing?
I don't think she can have 2 main coaches. So she had to chose between renewing contract with Dobre vs rehiring Darren.
Dobre knew all along that he has a contract just until Cahill comes back. The contract ended.
He could be upset(but without a reason). I'm also upset that I'm not Simona coach.

·
Registered
16,190 Posts
It always blows my mind when WTA players dump their coaches right after achieving some big success (often the biggest in their respective careers at that point).

Could it be a problem with money? I mean their coaches may ask for a rise, you know, and they might be tight with money ... ? :eek:h:
This. And even the perceived 'nice' players do it - didn't Clijsters dump hers straight after her first US Open win when she also won the US Open series and had a MASSIVE pay cheque?
It's about splitting the big paycheck. The coaches feel cheated because they expect a bigger bonus. Thus, the relationship starts deteriorating.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts