Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I certainlythink since she really insulted Amelie and fans of the sport. Justine had no problem calling for all night aid when she defeated Capriati at USopen2004, why now? I think that was vey insulting and I still can't get over that....just can't and it only goes to show who actually holds the cards in the sport.....the players do.

I think it would be in her best interest to skip a few grand slams, because she is certainly unsportsmanlike and needs a reality check if not from her camp or the tennis governing body, then one from spectators..

I can't believe how upset that made me.....I spoke with some friends who still felt cheated about the whole thing and I agree with them in saying that something needs to be done. There was no problem in asking for a blue or pink pill to continue.

Reactions: hablo

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I don't think she should be investigated, I believe she was sick, but I just think had she not been getting WHOOPED so badly and not being OWNED by Momo's strategy she would have kept playing until the end.

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
i think maybe a fine. because the tickets for finals was expensive.and the crowd didnt get what they wanted.a total match.But still happy mauresmo won

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which is why I think she should be fined because if I could remember correctly, a player was fined in an early round for not trying hard enough by the ATP, I think it was Safin, so how do you explain the abrupt ending to the finals....there are no other rounds and all the work of the other players to make this an event went out.....dirty water and devil midget all together.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I think she should be fined just to ensure she won't ever pull that stunt again or at least think twice about it.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Its an interesting question if you should produce a medical note but it would be difficult to diagnose " i felt like dying " afterwards.

I don't buy the Momo was winning with strategy argument - Momo always tries to play like that - even doing it at her best more than half the top 10 would beat her if fully fit doing it. Justine playing at the level she beat Schiavone two weeks before (similar game) or at her AO SF level would have coped with Momo. She turned up as flat as her chest and played like it.
Thats all possible with NSAIDs and a bad stomach (Paula Radcliffe dropped out of the Olympic Marathon for the same cause) You just have to think though there was a better way of handling it.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I think she'll get her own punishment in due time. I doubt she will ever be as mentally strong as she once was. Imagine: a player everyone thought was mentally frail actually causes a mental powerhouse to retire mid-match. How can Justine ever forget it?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Orion said:
I think she'll get her own punishment in due time. I doubt she will ever be as mentally strong as she once was. Imagine: a player everyone thought was mentally frail actually causes a mental powerhouse to retire mid-match. How can Justine ever forget it?
To put it differently Justine plays now with the knowledge that her body can collapse (even in the final and certainly half way through GS - as it did in 2005) and she can't fight her way through everything. She also has to worry about the virus and what brings it back and may now have added a stomach ulcer to the list. Add that to an overworked body, dangerous levels of drive and the experience of losing her mother early (which alone would make you worry about tiredness, ulcers or viruses) and Justine is carrying an enormous suitcase of baggage on court with her.

She's not the only one (Kim has the injury factor driving the retirement factor and Mary, Lindsay and the sisters carry shorter lists of concerns ) but Justine is already looking pretty burdened.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
maccardel said:
I certainlythink since she really insulted Amelie and fans of the sport. Justine had no problem calling for all night aid when she defeated Capriati at USopen2004, why now? I think that was vey insulting and I still can't get over that....just can't and it only goes to show who actually holds the cards in the sport.....the players do.

I think it would be in her best interest to skip a few grand slams, because she is certainly unsportsmanlike and needs a reality check if not from her camp or the tennis governing body, then one from spectators..

I can't believe how upset that made me.....I spoke with some friends who still felt cheated about the whole thing and I agree with them in saying that something needs to be done. There was no problem in asking for a blue or pink pill to continue.

Ban her, I know a 16year old from Bulgaria who needs to play instead of that ungrateful thing..........damn midget with a poisoned racket.

:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Justine's retirement was a bad move, but this is nothing but a good old-fashioned hater thread. We don't see as many of these around here as we used to.

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Wtf? If it was a Tier III quarterfinal you wouldn't give a shit. Leave her alone. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
JoeyyJ said:
Wtf? If it was a Tier III quarterfinal you wouldn't give a shit. Leave her alone. :rolleyes:
But thats the point. This was a grand slam final, so that's why he/she cares. It's a much greater deal.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
About the topic itself, You are fined only for doing something illegal. If Justine completely faked her illness/injury then okay, but I don't think she did.
The problem I have is that she didn't retire in the SF so my fave was not in the final, that deserves a fine in my silly world :lol: .

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I critizized her severely for quitting.
However investigating or fining a player for feeling sick and thus not playing up to par is totally out of line.
a rediculous proposal. totally out of line and unenforceable.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
vwrules said:
But thats the point. This was a grand slam final, so that's why he/she cares. It's a much greater deal.
Exactly, and when you consider all those who payed out $160 to watch a top quality sports event who were left very short changed.
I was one of the lucky ones - got a refund the day before the final!

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
maccardel said:

Ban her, I know a 16year old from Bulgaria who needs to play instead of that ungrateful thing..........damn midget with a poisoned racket.
Perhaps you need to get a life.

Oh, and since you and your friends have so much time on your hands, try (censored by MarJenAll20).

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.