Vote

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The polemic of the week.

This is the best way to find out a solution.

Yes. If someone withdraws after the draw is done it should count for his amount of tournaments. If he knows that he will be busy that week, he should not even sign up. We never know if a player withdraws for a busy week or a hard draw...

No. Some people suddenly realises that his week will be very busy, after the draw is made, so it should not count in his amount of tournaments, as he could not play it.

VOTE!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
it shouldn't count, but someone should withdraw before a certain date.

say, by tuesday night in the California, so everyone has 2 full days to judge the work of the upcoming week and prioritize. after that point, than it should count.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
i agree ASV

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
What for the ones who sign, and dissapear during the week? then Ends with a W/O by Sunday TTT Time?

Anabel please talk about this too.

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a different situation... They dont withdraw, they simply dont appear on the date.

It's absurd to sign up and just some hours after the draw is made, you withdraw. You already knew it was gonna be a busy week before the draw was made, so why dont withdraw before? :rolleyes:

·
49,763 Posts
No it shouldnt count

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
anabel said:
It's a different situation... They dont withdraw, they simply dont appear on the date.

It's absurd to sign up and just some hours after the draw is made, you withdraw. You already knew it was gonna be a busy week before the draw was made, so why dont withdraw before? :rolleyes:
Anabel the case i´m talking about is even worse, imagine you waiting the whole week for someone and you have to wait til Sunday to play all of your matches back to back after having won W/O the frist one cause the player DID NOT EVEN bother to withdraw before?

ASV withdrawing yesterday allows Sonfo to play his next matches without waiting til Sunday TTT time, when its the official time when he can W/O ASV if he would not have mentioned anything.

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are two different things. Im trying to avoid people of withdrawing after a bad draw. It's not the 1st time ASV withdraws after a bad draw.

·
Banned
26 Posts
What's a polemic?

Anyway... I don't think this case should count towards ASV's tournaments.

It's a moot point anyway, because Scott sucks... he can't even win his 1st round matches over lower players.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Well my only complaint is its kind of fair to start it in the middle of the year, seeing as I had the same situation earlier this year(or was it late last year?), but it counted on my tournaments, so I say wait until the end of the year to enforce the rule

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
anabel said:

What if it's an emergency? :rolleyes: You can't plan for everything you know

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
i think it should count, from no on, but not for asv this time.

coz i think ppl will just abuse it and withdraw sometimes coz they have a bad draw

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Philip said:
i think it should count, from no on, but not for asv this time.

coz i think ppl will just abuse it and withdraw sometimes coz they have a bad draw
I agree with Phil on this one.

Both ASV and Petosp had no idea about the rule when they signed up to play, so it's not their fault. I do believe both of them when they say that they have work to do, so it's fine.

However, I do think that the rule is a good one just because it does prevent people from withdrawing based on who they draw in the first round. Impliment it after this week, that would be my opinion.

·
3,196 Posts
thanks for the support guys.

point well taken ms. kournikova.

but anabel, my agenda isn't revealed to me until i go to my classes on monday, when teachers tell us when quizzes/tests/assignments will be due. its not like i have all this information in advance.

this isnt the first time i've withdrawn from a tournament ever, its the second...and i think the first was a family emergency or something where i wasn't online the entire week.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
In the case of family emergency, clearly TTT is never a priority, in which case the tournament shouldn't be counted.

If someone really has a test or quiz or assignment that must be completed and that takes up the week, then they can withdraw. I believe that we should all be credible enough to admit when we need the time to do work and not pretened that we're revolving around the game.

While I do believe in the rule, I also believe that there is no way to enforce it and thus the point becomes somewhat moot. If there's this much discrepency over which side is right, then there can't be any change at all, and the rule will stay as is.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Just one additional comment.

If this rule is passed, it should in no way take effect until after Roland Garros. If you were playing to install in the next day or week or so, then I will rescind my vote and cancel it, thus taking one vote away from that side.

·
3,196 Posts
looks like i win

1 - 18 of 18 Posts