Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Players need to be out more than 8 months to ask and to get a special and protected rankings so none of the williams will use that :sad:

·
Veelieve!!!
32,917 Posts
Are you trying to open up pandora's box?? Venus and Serena will be seeded according to their rankings and nothing else... I swear "some" of you enjoy Williams bashing here :rolleyes: :eek: :fiery: :tape:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The sisters dont need to be seeded #1 to win! In fact ide rather see Venus not seeded #1 b/c thats when she tends to win, and yes i do feel very badly for whoever has Venus in their quarter... just goes to show that rankings dont really matter b/c Venus seeded at #6 should be able to mop the floor with anyone she plays besides Serena!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Serena shouldn't be seeded number 1, but number 3, cause the belgians have been ahving a wonderful year.
But I think, Venus should be seeded 4, not 6.

Of course, I meant, when all these 4 players play in one tournament.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Whats obviousy is that Serena is #3, and Venus is #6. Unless they're injured for 8 months, they'll be seeded by their ranking. :)

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Ryan16 said:
Whats obviousy is that Serena is #3, and Venus is #6. Unless they're injured for 8 months, they'll be seeded by their ranking. :)
I thought it was 6 months?!? ;)

Anyways,
It doesn't matter what they are ranked.
However, if I were any of the players
above them, I'd be worried. :angel:

Come to think of it,
I think Venus was only ranked #1
once while winning her 4 Salm Titles?!?

·
Banned
596 Posts
not for Serena, but i think Venus will probably
get that special seeding, as much as i want
to see Venus seeded #5, i just dont think the organizer
is gonna risking the defending finalist to
play her sister in QF
but hey, you'll never know, maybe Serena wont
play AO and Venus will go shopping around with
her or something, you'll never know:)

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
The only issue is whether or not they're on the same side of the draw.
OZ might seed Serena #2, a small bow to the defending champ.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hmm am puzzled why anyone would think that Venus should get a special seeding as #1 when she hasn't held that position for the longest time.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Vicky88 said:
Hmm am puzzled why anyone would think that Venus should get a special seeding as #1 when she hasn't held that position for the longest time.
exactly. i do believe serena IS the number 1 player but Venus shouldnt even be considered.

·
Registered
34,284 Posts
Maybe in WImbledon as they have that silly way of making the seedings

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
They should be seeded acording to their ranking so that they can commence to give the Belgians and anyone else ranked above or below them the beatdowns they deserve.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts