Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
u mean to tell me that people like Hantuchova in TOP 8,
Magdalena Maleeva in TOP 16...
Stevenson, Granville, Bovina who is 0-1 on clay this yr.
in TOP 32......

while Magui Serna, Sveta K, Zuluaga wont be seeded,
is this a joke or something...:rolleyes:

so this is what i propose, when seed the players for RG,
the points the earn on clay tournaments to be multiplied by 1.5,
historical points for Wimbledon will be fine too,

but after Rome, i think i'm gonna try that......

what do u think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,729 Posts
I think Wimbledon has a stick up their collective ass, and need to start following the entry system. You know, catch up with the times.

Just because Daniela is going to be a Top 8 seed doesn't mean that RG should bend over backwards to change it to fit your perceptions of a good clay player and who "deserves" to be ranked highly.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TennisHack said:
I think Wimbledon has a stick up their collective ass, and need to start following the entry system. You know, catch up with the times.

Just because Daniela is going to be a Top 8 seed doesn't mean that RG should bend over backwards to change it to fit your perceptions of a good clay player and who "deserves" to be ranked highly.
but WTA ranking forgets to take surface factors into account,
how is the entry system fair for clay court specialists?........
that's why i think the clay tournaments points
should be more emphasized in the seeding system
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,843 Posts
All seeding systems everywhere should follow the RANKINGS. There's no point in working your ass off to get to #16 or whatever if you're going to be arbitrarily shunted down a seeding tier. No WTA tournament fucks around with the seedings... Slams shouldn't either.

Kuznetsova and Zuluaga wouldn't be seeded under the Wimbledon rules anyway... the top 32 players have to be seeded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,729 Posts
niceman said:
but WTA ranking forgets to take surface factors into account,
how is the entry system fair for clay court specialists?........
that's why i think the clay tournaments points
should be more emphasized in the seeding system
That's exactly the point. The entry system is fair ACROSS SURFACES. It's 52 weeks, just as it should be. "Clay court specialists" shouldn't get a boost in the seedings just because this is their preferred surface.

Will you be singing the same tune come the US Open? What about those "hard court specialists"? Shouldn't somebody think about the poor hardcourt specialists?!
 

·
Enemy of Art
Joined
·
14,039 Posts
To answer the question, I don't think women's rankings should be screwed with. The differences in surface speciality are negligible. Note Sugiyama, heretofore useless on clay, having a great Rome, because she's in great form.

The men...the men should be manipulated (Dirty!). But not the women.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TennisHack said:
That's exactly the point. The entry system is fair ACROSS SURFACES. It's 52 weeks, just as it should be. "Clay court specialists" shouldn't get a boost in the seedings just because this is their preferred surface.

Will you be singing the same tune come the US Open? What about those "hard court specialists"? Shouldn't somebody think about the poor hardcourt specialists?!
but Wimbledon already used the seeding system
to accomodate the grass surface,

but i think AO can also use Rebound Ace surface to seed playrs
with 5 tournaments played right before it........

and for US Open, since the Asian hardcourt and American hardcourt
are quite different, more different than red vs green clay,
so i think taking American hardcourt events into seeding calculation
should be good too.......

when you are a seed, you are supposed to have more chances
of winning against the player unranked,
that's why i support a new calculation system,
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also, the WTA system is not fair over all surfaces,
since the # of tournaments on clay
is significantly lower than hardcourts,
which means those so called "hardcourts"
do have an advantage over people who
prefer indoor or clay......
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top