• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 options

1/ the rules remain as they are and matches where a player retires do not count for tt purposes

2/ the rules change to mtf rules. all matches where a player retires do count for tt purposes

3/ retirements will count ONLY where the non-retiring player is winning by at least 1 set

·
Registered
45,543 Posts
So option 3 would mean counting:

A def. B 7-6 6-5 Ret.

But not

A def. B 6-7 6-0 5-0 Ret.
A def. B 5-0 Ret.

Correct? :p

·
Registered
24,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So option 3 would mean counting:

A def. B 7-6 6-5 Ret.

But not

A def. B 6-7 6-0 5-0 Ret.
A def. B 5-0 Ret.

Correct? :p
yes.

and yes, i had thought of that, but its quite hard to make a general rule that would make sense. i mean, while 5-0 in the final set is quite conclusive, 4-3* is not and therefore i decided to limit option 3 to a set advantage.

·
Admin
66,056 Posts
well, usually it is like that in 50% of the cases you would take an advantage of a retirement, in other 50% your opponent would take advantage of a retirement, so I think that it is just easiest when you don´t count them at all...

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Of a set has been played and the player retiring is down a set that's already a win to the opposing player which is fair.

If the player who won the first set and then retires in the second, well that's OK, because then it indicates a problem with the player.

·
Registered
11,598 Posts
Oh shit. I don't know how it could be possible, but I voted for the wrong option:eek:

My real vote is no, sorry :eek:

·
Registered
7,512 Posts
Am I correct in assuming that those players who vote for option 2 (i.e. retirements count after the first point has been played) are by virtue also agreeing to accept option 3 (i.e. retirements count if a player is leading by 1 set)?

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Am I correct in assuming that those players who vote for option 2 (i.e. retirements count after the first point has been played) are by virtue also agreeing to accept option 3 (i.e. retirements count if a player is leading by 1 set)?
Well that's how it counts. They've voted Yes in any case.

Ofcourse as Bart said he made a mistake and wanted to click no :p

·
Registered
24,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
unless they state otherwise, i guess. i would like one of the options to win by majority (last year the "no" vote won with over 50% for example), but if not, then i guess both "yes" options will be added together to make over 50% and option 3 will be adopted.

i don't think there is a presumption that people voting for option 3 would support option 2, so if option 2 is the most popular, but does not gain 50%, then i think we would then do a new poll.

as things stand though, and the vote remains the same, imo we will be adopting option 3.

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
unless they state otherwise, i guess. i would like one of the options to win by majority (last year the "no" vote won with over 50% for example), but if not, then i guess both "yes" options will be added together to make over 50% and option 3 will be adopted.

i don't think there is a presumption that people voting for option 3 would support option 2, so if option 2 is the most popular, but does not gain 50%, then i think we would then do a new poll.

as things stand though, and the vote remains the same, imo we will be adopting option 3.
I voted for option 3 and do not agree with option 2 based on that. If one point is being played and one of the players just collapses or smth like that, then that's not OK as far as I'm concerned.

Option 3 or nothing for me :p

·
Registered
24,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I voted for option 3 and do not agree with option 2 based on that. If one point is being played and one of the players just collapses or smth like that, then that's not OK as far as I'm concerned.

Option 3 or nothing for me :p
yes, as i said, voting for option 3 wouldnt mean you'd necessarily agree with 2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts