Tennis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found it odd that she is playing Miami and then taking a week off. I know she is might just want to be cautious with her health but it is still a little confusing to me. She has points to defend at Amelia and none at the FCC. It seems to me that it would be a smart choice to play Amelia, then take time off and get ready for the European clay season. If she looses to Maria tomorrow, do you guys think she'll ask for a WC into Amelia? I think she should....she'll just be hanging out in America waiting for Charlston while she could be getting valuable match play.

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
i think she should skip it too....she's choked there 3 times!

2002 final - lost to Venus Williams 6-2 5-7 6-7(5) after leading 6-2 4-0 and then 6-2 5-7 5-3. :rolleyes: but thats ok, she was a choker then.

2003 semis - lost to Elena Dementieva 6-3 4-6 5-7 after having a matchpoint. :rolleyes:

2004 semis - lost to Amelie Mauresmo 7-6 5-7 3-6 after having another matchpoint. :rolleyes: :fiery: :mad:

she doesnt have to conquer her demons here. i say dump this tourney.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
name_change said:
i think she should skip it too....she's choked there 3 times!

2002 final - lost to Venus Williams 6-2 5-7 6-7(5) after leading 6-2 4-0 and then 6-2 5-7 5-3. :rolleyes: but thats ok, she was a choker then.

2003 semis - lost to Elena Dementieva 6-3 4-6 5-7 after having a matchpoint. :rolleyes:

2004 semis - lost to Amelie Mauresmo 7-6 5-7 3-6 after having another matchpoint. :rolleyes: :fiery: :mad:

she doesnt have to conquer her demons here. i say dump this tourney.
LOL....good point....I was at all three of those matches. It occurs to me that I have never seen Justine win a match in person....I wonder if I'm the curse, not the tourner:eek: :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.