Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Opinion Yes. His behavior was a disgrace and as bad as a certain player that got defaulted from the AO.

If the ATP do not act strongly on his latest little escapade then don't be surprise if the the ATP gets strike action from the Umps, they are fed up

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
he shouldn't have been given a racket in the first place,but that's sad sides of life...as for the incident no he shouldn't,he should have got fined,so that he could file another lawsuit

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Oh yeah, the umpire should of booted him hard

Pity they are not allowed to wear boots (or carry whips onto court) ;)

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Its should have, not should of

Anyway yes i think his behaviour was disgraceful but he should have just got a fine and a warning. I dont think he even got anything and I remember earlier this year Serena got a fine just for swearing to herself. This was even worse than that so he should at least get fined.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
too bad that the chair empaires must behave ... i would really like if someone would get into an argument

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you go by the rules, which they never do with him, he gets more leeway to act like a jerk then anyone, he should of been warned, point deducted, game deducted then booted because he went on past the 3 times when the umpire requested him to restart play.

Anway the end result is he embarrassed himself losing 6-0 in his next match, a due result :p

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Flatstat, get your facts straight. When they fine Andy Roddick for saying to the umpire to grow a spine and questioning his ability to count to 20, which imo is much worse than questioning his knowledge of the rules, then we can talk. And especially when they boot Mardy Fish for threatening to beat up the umpire after the match, which was the most disgraceful thing I've ever heard on court, then come back and tell me that Hewitt is getting more leeway than anyone. Players get away with insulting the umpires all the time. If Agassi can get away with uttering "fucking French ******" during his match against Grosjean, then anything goes.

Don't try to tell me that Hewitt is getting special treatment. LMFAO! They would never fine Hewitt for anthing, because the ATP treats him like a god, right? Indeed.

Btw, I agree that he should have been fined, along with anyone else who pulls the same stunt. But defaulted? Come on. Why don't they just throw him in jail and throw away the key.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
he should have been fined for disrespecting the umpire in that way. i also wish it hadn't been a Black man once again. :(

i actually saw the match and the moment on TV -- the BBC replayed it several times. it actually reminded me of the argument between the Aussie cricket player and Ramnaresh Sarwan of Guyana. it was a disgusting exchange. i don't understand why the Aussie cricket players can be such scum sometimes but i've noticed that they get worse when they are losing. given Hewitt's latest outburst, i'm wondering if losing gracefully is simply not a part of Aussie culture.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Well, what I read it wasn't any worse what say Roddick said at USO 2001 QF. Sure he deserves a fine or warning but you have to swear much worse to get a default. (Agassi was defaulted once because of his behaviour).

Hewitt can be a total ass, but he just stands out today because many other players are trained to be so bland. Compare him to Mac or Connors or young Agassi and he comes out like an angel (well not really but you get the idea :) )

·
Keeper of Secrets
8,971 Posts
from what I've heard that Aussie cricketer- Glen thought Sarwan had said something about his wife who is suffering from Cancer. After the test was over Glen apologised to Sarwan and Sarwan apologised to him too.

Lleyton is an ass, I miss Rafter.
wow Layla I didn't know about those 2 incidents.. I should keep up with the ATP more

1 - 20 of 40 Posts