Tennis Forum banner

TOP 20?

• according to how she's playing now.....nope

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • yup, she has enough points from last indoor season, so yup:)

Votes: 29 54.7%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant even remember when her last win over TOP 20 was,
let alone a TOP 10..... :rolleyes:
nope, this is not a bashing poll, just trying to let you guys know
that her ranking will fall to around 20 in about a month,
so she can either try to recover in a month,
or she can say bye-bye to TOP 20:)

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Let the girl deal with whatever physical and/or emotional issues first and come back ready 2B a solid Top 10 again, IMO. (Since there's no option remotely like that, I "abstained" on the poll above).

·
Registered
9 Posts
She clearly is having some problems but she's having a bad run of form... How many top players has Lleyton Hewitt beaten in the last few months? Srichaphan in the US and that's kinda it really. Although people have talked about his poor run of form, noone has criticised him to the same extent that they have with Daniela...

The difference being that her poor run of form has coincided with a visual difference in her physical appearance and because of the way that the media looks at female tennis players there has been much more publicity about it and it has been much more negative.

So just let her be... I'm sure she will regain form in time...

·
Banned
565 Posts
she should be ranked where the number of points she possesses places her relative to the other players on tour. at present that is the top 15, so yes, she should be there.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
casanovalover said:
she should be ranked where the number of points she possesses places her relative to the other players on tour. at present that is the top 15, so yes, she should be there.
I agree with you totally. The rankings show what ranking they are and we shouldnt doubt them. I really like to go by the Porsche Rankings because it shows where they might/should be in the Singles Rankings based on this year.

·
Premium Member
182,023 Posts
she's ranked where she is cos of the 52 week cycle
its not like someone VOTED for her to remain Top 20 :rolleyes:

she wants to stay top 20, she's gonna have to buck up.
she'll turn it around :)

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,491 Posts
even in the race standings Daniela is in the top 20 right now, so even on her results alone in 2003 she is ranked in the top 20.

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Randy H said:
even in the race standings Daniela is in the top 20 right now, so even on her results alone in 2003 she is ranked in the top 20.
that's mostly thanks to the points before Miami,
she only fell apart after she failed to defend the Indian Wells title,
just look at her results following Indian Wells
it's understandable, but it should not be allowed for
such a great player, anyways, good luck, she is what? only 20:)
but just think she'll be in danger soon......

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Hey, like everyone else, she should be ranked wherever the points she's racked up says she's ranked. It's as simple as that...!!! :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
OK. I've been disappointed in Dani's results this year...but give her a break. She's going through a slump and god knows she is trying. It's tough.

I think that she is ranked where she should be given the system we have. And I hope that she'll be stronger next year and be able to fulfill her potential.

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
She's a great player when she's on, so why should she? Everybody goes through a bad period, she'll get out of it!

·
Banned
3,727 Posts
She might not be playing as good as top 20 material right now, but she has points from indoor last yr, and the rank bases ur best 17 in the past 12 months, so of coarse she shud be ranked in the top 20. She has had better results in that indoor season than alot of ppl hav had all year.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
she's definately top 10 material maybe even top 5 (talent wise i think she is top 5 but whether she fullfills that may be a different story). at the moment it is kind of hard to tell whether she should be top 20. at the moment she usually wins one match and then loses but she is seeded. it would have been interesting to see how far she went in tournaments if she wasn't seeded.

i go on the rnaking system so she should be in the top 20 but whether she is playing like a top 20 player is another thing.

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
Gowza said:
she's definately top 10 material maybe even top 5 (talent wise i think she is top 5 but whether she fullfills that may be a different story). at the moment it is kind of hard to tell whether she should be top 20. at the moment she usually wins one match and then loses but she is seeded. it would have been interesting to see how far she went in tournaments if she wasn't seeded.

i go on the rnaking system so she should be in the top 20 but whether she is playing like a top 20 player is another thing.
Amen to the bold parts :p

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
25,925 Posts
I didn't use to like her, but since this year's hardcourt season I begin to change my opinion for her :baby:

She should be in Top 20, but in Top 10 - :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts