Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Yeah, Venus is supposed to play there. Hmm, I just think they should cancel it. They need to put the players safety first.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
it's definetely safe to continue with these tourneys.:angel:

·
63,517 Posts
No no no...

Both events should safe... I want both stay! No cancel!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Yeah, I doubt they are going to cancel these events. They'll just leave it up to the players to make their own decisions as to whether they want to go or not. More than likely these events will be safe, but as a US Player, I would probably still feel uncomfortable being there.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Venus and Monica have entered so i doubt they have safety fears why enter in the first place if you were afraid of what might happen!

·
63,517 Posts
anton said:
what makes you think they are so safe?
Wasn't an event in dubai cancelled in 2001?
Nah... it was Sarabotya (spell?) in Indonesia.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The ATP had a tournament in Qatar at the start of the year and if anything I would have thought that the securuty situation would have been worse then than it is now but I'd imagine that if there was any doubt about safety that they'd cancel the tourney...?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Qatar and United Arab Emirates are NOT Afghanistan.

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
182,943 Posts
There was a bicycle event in Qatar last week, so there's no reason to cancel any tournaments, and they will not.

IF you not know, it more safe to be in Qatar then in the US! ;)

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
No way that they should cancell it!
Qatar and Dubai have nothing to do with terrorism, so why cancell?

Cancelling this events would only be a show of blaming the islam for what happened and please don't get me started on that...

The WTA should give an example by not cancelling these events.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
yes but you guys also have to take this from an american's prospective.. many americans now feel uneasy by simply leaving the country .. going to austraila is one thing but going to an arab affiliated country is different and i know that may sound bad but it is true.. i bet if you ask a majority of americans they wouldn't be caught dead putting themselves in such a place at this time... but then again they are tennis players and there will be security.. i don't think they should cancel the event but i will be suprised as to how many americans do play at that tounrey..

·
Premium Member
181,845 Posts
the ATP had more high profile players playing than anyone who will be in Dubai.

plus Doha and Dubai are very safe.

You don't find many criminals there and if there are some you will know and can tell who they are ;)

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
The players are probably quite safe. A bomb inthe crowd is another matter. However, I'm quite certain that security concernes are being addressed. First of all, the Americans mostly skipped the fall, so everyone knows they might lose high profile American players if they don't deal with security. And I cannot imagine Monica going into a situation like that if there was danger.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts