Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shocked when i saw this post from a Moderator not only because offended the poster, and offended all us who belive in God, but also offended God himself. It's a shame you don't belive in God however i respect you, and you should respect us too.

I hope such a behaviour like this gets punished. I reported it, Nothing yet tho. so i post it here so everyone can see what kind of MOD is this.

(i hope the other mods dont lock/delete the thread just so people can't see what actually happens around)

"He" was having sex with your mother and created your body and soul? That's amazing :eek:

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Even so, as a christian I found it offensive.

However, I would like to see the quote in its actual context.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It was a joke. Sure in slightly bad taste, but it made me laugh a little.
If the thread starter wanted to open a thread basically baiting atheists, then they deserve this kinda response IMO.

·
Banned
20,175 Posts
Oh please :rolleyes:
It's a stupid thread anyway

·
Rena's Army
34,944 Posts
Mods are allowed to have opinions and participate on the board.
yet christians are told to have respect for persons who don't believe in our God (so we don't offend), and this is what people are allowed to say about OUR GOD....really???

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Mods are allowed to have opinions and participate on the board.
There is a difference between having an opinion and being offensive and that crossed the line.

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,278 Posts
Most of the mods are assholes admins dont do shit though...

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,278 Posts
yep and another one

MODS YOU SUCK.

·
it's just me against the music.
27,258 Posts
There is a difference between having an opinion and being offensive and that crossed the line.
I agree. But I don't think that crossed the line. The post was rather harmless but because he is a mod it's more offensive? There are people who have faith and people who don't. I do have faith but there should be an open discussion, LIKE A FORUM, to discuss such a faith.

It's only offensive if you want it to be offensive. Tolerance and no judgment is what my God preaches. Although I disagree, he is free to say that.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
yet christians are told to have respect for persons who don't believe in our God (so we don't offend), and this is what people are allowed to say about OUR GOD....really???
Telling us who don't believe in God that we'll be sent to an inferno as sinners for eternity is pretty offensive. You can choose to take offense from any comment that doesn't follow your wisdom.

Either way, what else do you expect in a thread that was created for the sole purpose of provoking those who disagree with the thread opener? :smash:

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
I was shocked when i saw this post from a Moderator not only because offended the poster, and offended all us who belive in God, but also offended God himself. It's a shame you don't belive in God however i respect you, and you should respect us too.

I hope such a behaviour like this gets punished. I reported it, Nothing yet tho. so i post it here so everyone can see what kind of MOD is this.

(i hope the other mods dont lock/delete the thread just so people can't see what actually happens around)
probably the mod assumes ur mom's name called mary... and u r jesus? :p

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
So when one mod does something that you don't like, all mods suck? :eek:
You don't suck, Viv :hug:

AlexSydney isn't really even a mod though, Tennis Australia/NZ never needs moderating.. so boring in there

:zzz:

Reactions: Lefty.

·
Registered
15,213 Posts
Moderators are normal people, and as normal people they are allowed to make mistakes such as this. We all get into petty arguments and sometimes WTAworld can bring out the worst in us; obviously in an ideal world moderators shouldn't be making such statements but unfortunately this isn't an ideal world so we should really let minor things go.

Personally if I felt offended by a post a moderator had made, I'd PM them and try and sort it out that way. I wouldn't name and shame them because that is really harsh, especially over one comment.

·
Premium Member
23,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree. But I don't think that crossed the line. The post was rather harmless but because he is a mod it's more offensive? There are people who have faith and people who don't. I do have faith but there should be an open discussion, LIKE A FORUM, to discuss such a faith.

It's only offensive if you want it to be offensive. Tolerance and no judgment is what my God preaches. Although I disagree, he is free to say that.
No, but if they go around banning people and telling them what's correct and what's not well, they should behave themselves, at the very least.

Joke or not, it's very offensive, especially when you put God in any sexual act or something like that. :eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.